1,093 results
All reviews harris teeter oil paintings exposed beams wine and cheese rooftop terrace high ceilings grocery store across the street spacious studio hospitality room converted warehouse wet bar cookies foot ceilings within walking distance east bay first floor historic district
Reviewed September 15, 2018

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at this great hotel. Great location to visit the historic city center. Room was comfortable and well appointed, breakfast and happy hour made for a good beginning and ending to busy day. Manager, Carrie, front-desk staff member, Jason, and all other staff made our stay even more pleasant. Highly recommend!!! Lou & Paula

Room tip: Had room 226, but all rooms are likely to be a good choice.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Lou and Paula--Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review to TripAdvisor! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed everything about your time at Ansonborough Inn and that you found our location very convenient to your exploration of Charleston. Thanks as well for the "shout out"--I am so happy that all of the staff, including myself, contributed to your pleasant experience. Thanks again for posting this review and for choosing Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

The most reasonable pice suites you will find in Charleston and the design is very interesting. Beautifully appointed and maintained conversion of what might have been a mill or factory. Location on East Bay is good for both the historic district and the aquarium. Staff polite and very willing to help. Will definitely use on our next visit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you very much for posting this review to TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to see that you found our rates competitive and our property to be unique! We are, indeed, a renovated paper warehouse (specifically a "stationer's warehouse) constructed in 1900. It is great to see that you encountered friendly and helpful staff. Thanks again for sharing this review and thank you for choosing Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you next time you're in town!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my parents because my dad had a visit to MUSC and he’s a cancer patient. They couldn’t believe how amazing the ambiance was and how courteous the staff was. Thank you giving them an amazing stay during such a difficult time!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review for TripAdvisor. I am so happy that we were able to be a bright spot in your father's visit to Charleston. I am glad that he was comfortable here and that we "wowed" him with our Southern Hospitality! Thanks again for sharing this review to TripAdvisor and for trusting us to take good care of your parents. We wish you and your family all the best!

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Ansonborough Inn is an elegant place to stay with very helpful and courteous staff. The inn was in walking distance to much of historic Charleston. Unfortunately, parking cost me $20 per day/night. The room (#215) where I stayed was quite comfortable and spacious. The only suggestion I have for future guests is to bring ear plugs or white noise for sleeping. The window did not block a lot of the nearby traffic noises.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this review to TripAdvisor! I am happy to see that you enjoyed the time you spent at Ansonborough Inn and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. (I hope that they mentioned that we upgraded you into the second Spacious Studio room out of the ground level room you booked through Expedia!) Parking is at a premium in downtown Charleston and you will find parking fees (many higher than $20.00/night!) at all hotels in the historic district. Thanks again for posting this review to TripAdvisor and for choosing Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We love this place! Margaret was so sweet when I made our reservations. The manager Carrie was kind enough to upgrade our room and it was lovely. Great customer service. This place has a special charm. We love siting on the rooftop terrace with a cocktail in the evenings. Great overview of city and harbor. Can be a little noisy by the Harris Teeter side of building with trucks unloading. It is very convenient to walk across the street to pick up something. We will be back again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review to TripAdvisor! I am so happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your upgraded room and found the Ansonborough Inn to be comfortable and our staff to be friendly. It is wonderful to know that you even made time to enjoy the rooftop terrace. Thanks again for posting this review to TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you again soon!