1,075 results
All reviews harris teeter exposed beams oil paintings wine and cheese rooftop terrace high ceilings grocery store across the street spacious studio hospitality room converted warehouse wet bar cookies within walking distance foot ceilings first floor east bay continental breakfast
Reviewed February 22, 2017

The Great:
- Antique but lovely hotel with modern touches
- Complementary, good breakfast, and a wine and cheese happy hour with Pimento Cheese
- Really great service and front desk/owners really friendly

The Good:
- Location is a few blocks from the main market, but can be a bit far from some landmarks. Really good fish/raw bar restaurant right around the corner- 167 Raw.
- Clean, and spacious rooms

The Potential Improvement Zone:
- Location-- Not a very cute few blocks save for this hotel
- Tiny/no bar or restaurant on-site and no business center (can't speak for fitness center as I don't know)

Overall: Cute, fun place located near the historic heart of Charleston. Well worth looking at!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Elyse C
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Thank you very much for choosing the Ansonborough In and for sharing this review to TripAdvisor. I am so happy to see that you loved the decor and furnishings of the hotel. It is also great to know that you were pleased with both wine & cheese and breakfast. It is also wonderful that the staff impressed you with their service and friendliness. I am sorry that we failed to inform you about our business center--it's actually right by the fitness center! Thanks again for sharing this review and for choosing the Ansonborough Inn--I am glad that you were pleased with the time you spent with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

Staff were very helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. Location and ambiance were both top notch. Room on first floor was a bit noisy but manageable with a white noise app at night. Happy hour and breakfast were fine but suffered in comparison to all the great dining options nearby. Service was excellent: a plumber fixed the hot water less than 24 hours after we reported being short on hot water.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our location and ambiance and that the staff were helpful. I am sorry that you experienced an issue during your stay, but I am glad that we were able to resolve it quickly for you. Thanks again for posting this review to TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2017

This was my second visit to the Ansonborough Inn and I won’t hesitate to stay there again.

First off, you cannot beat the location. We walked to every restaurant, the parks, college, through all of the neighborhoods, to the market, just about everywhere we needed to be. The neighborhood is safe and quiet.

The staff was friendly, extremely knowledgeable and could not do enough to make sure that your stay with them was wonderful. They have infinite knowledge on the area, suggestions, coupons, you name it.

I have stayed in the Premium Loft during both of my visits. The most recent was with my sister-in-law and my niece. It was very convenient for them to have the downstairs king bed and full bath while I had the privacy of the loft with a half bath. The loft rooms are a great setup for a girls’ trip or a family.

The pricing is quite reasonable for the area.

This Ansonborough is very clean and well maintained. The common areas, gym and rooftop deck provide everything you would have in a chain hotel, however, you have the bonus of the personal service, the beauty of the historic building and the convenience of a great location.

Parking is only $15 a day, which is quite reasonable. The lot is right across the street, so your auto is easily accessible anytime of the day or night. No waiting for a valet, let alone the cost to tip a valet every time you want to use your car.

There is a Harris Teeter across the street and since the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, we typically stock up on wine, water, sodas and snacks before checking into our rooms.

Happy Hour is nice. The wine is about what you would expect for a free happy hour and the cheeses and snacks were plentiful. The area was kept extremely clean and a table was cleared off the minute someone left. All items were constantly being replenished. If the weather cooperates, you can take your wine and snacks up on the rooftop deck for a relaxing happy hour with a great view.

I highly recommend the Ansonborough Inn and can’t wait for my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family

Wow--Thank you very much for being a loyal guest of the Ansonborough Inn! It means a lot to everyone here when we see a familiar face walk in the door and we have the privilege of saying, "Welcome Back!" I am delighted to see that both times you have stayed with us we have provided you with superb and comfortable lodging. There are only two premium lofts in the building and I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in one both times you visited. They are very high-demand rooms and they go fast! I am pleased to know the staff is always friendly and welcoming and happy to assist you in any way possible. Thanks again for repeatedly choosing the Ansonborough Inn (it means so much to all of us here to have great guests like you come to visit us time and again!) and thank you for taking the time to post this review to TripAdvisor! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Ansonborough Inn for a long weekend in Charleston. We stayed in a Petite Suite which was plenty of space for the two of us. The room was very nice (and clean). The lobby and common areas are very nice as well. They do have an outdoor patio on the 3rd floor/roof which is an awesome space.

They do offer breakfast each morning. This was probably our biggest complaint. It's a pretty boring breakfast that really doesn't change from day to day. I know it's just a continental breakfast but really all they offered were pastries, cereal, and waffles (all the same each day).

The location of the hotel is great if your looking to spend time in the downtown/French quarter area of Charleston. Everything is very walkable. Parking is available for $15 per night.

In the end we enjoyed our stay and would stay again if we were back in Charleston and the price was right. It's a nice Inn with a great location.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing this review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see that you found much to enjoy about the Ansonborough Inn, including the rooftop terrace. It is great to know that you found the location convenient and that you were able to find time to enjoy the rooftop terrace. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Ansonborough Inn and hope to see you in the future. Thanks again for posting this review and for choosing the Ansonborough Inn.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

A hotel in a renovated, high ceiling, old brick warehouse. Delightful and different. For once a hotel experience you will not forget. Quiet, extraordinarily high ceilings in our room -- maybe 30 foot? Cute as a button!!! The breakfast was a bit 'erratic' -- seemed like we needed to leave early and most of it was still not out and ready. Staff seemed pretty involved in talking to each other more than hustling around to get things out for the guests. That being said, the room and overall experience more than made up for it. I am not one to choose a hotel based on 'breakfast'. Additionally, they actually have parking available.

Room Tip: GREAT restaurant (Raw) across the street as well as market.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth M

Thank you very much for sharing this review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you loved our unique property and found us to be charming and delightful. I am disappointed that you experienced any inconsistencies with breakfast and appreciate the information you passed on. I have already addressed this issue with the staff. I am glad that this situation did not detract from your enjoyment of our property. I hope to see you in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to post this review and for choosing the Ansonborough Inn!