“Fantastic Inn, Great Location”
Review of Ansonborough Inn

Ansonborough Inn
Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We visit Charleston at least once a year and usually try to stay at a different location - just for variety. I am so glad we stumbled onto this inn -- wonderful staff, enormous clean rooms, fireplaces and the best continental breakfast offering I've ever had at a hotel that offers this service. You are 1 mile from the tip of the Battery so everything you need is within walking distance. We parked the car and didn't need it again until we left.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and for taking the time to write this lovely review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that you "accidentally" found us and that everything about our hotel was to your liking. We try really hard to provide our guests with a great continental breakfast, despite our very limited kitchen facilities, so I am extremely happy that you found breakfast to be top-notch. I hope that perhaps you will decide that your hotel search is over and the Ansonborough Inn will be your "home away from home" on your annual visit to Charleston! Thank you again for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and, of course, for this great review! I hope to see you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Ansonborough Inn

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our Charleston pied-a-terre for three nghts. Cannot write enough nice things about the Ansonborough Inn - excellent and large apartment room accomodations with stunning high ceiling, coffee-maker, sink, a small refrigerator, eating area, sofa and easy chairs, flat-screen TV, in-room safe, writing desk, etc., etc.; stayed just off the lobby on the ground floor (don't worry about street noise - double-glazed windows!), beautiful cathedral-style lobby atrium, cozy complimentary afternoon wine and cheese and hot breakfast room, friendly staff, a block and a half north of the Charleston market, across the street from a stunning and large Harris Teeter supermarket, SunTrust bank and ATM just behind the inn, convenient on-site parking (added charge), and all within walking distance from the core downtown Charleston area. Would I stay here again? Yes - a bargain for what you get in Southern charm and memories in one of America's truly wonderful cites.

Room Tip: Found the ground-level room to be very convenient and quickly accessed with absolutely no drawbacks.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Wow! What a tremendous review! I am positively delighted to know that you had such a delightful time at the Ansonborough Inn. It makes me so very happy to read that everything about our property--from rooms, to staff, to complimentary offerings--were exactly what you were looking for. Not only were we the perfect hotel for you, you also found us to be a bargain! I am so happy to know that the Ansonborough Inn is such a big part of your fond memories of Charleston. Thank you again for this great review and that you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn. I hope that I have privilege of welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Ansonborough Inn on our return trip from Savannah and were in love with the inn from the moment we stepped in the front door.

The inn is well appointed, very clean and the room was extremely spacious. In addition, the inn staff was probably the friendliest I've encountered in quite some time and willing to help with suggestions for the great city of Charleston.

Great complimentary breakfast and wonderful rooftop deck with views of the city.

The ONLY minor issue I had with the inn is that the walls are paper thin. So thin that I could actually hear the person in the next room over snoring. But outside of this, the inn is a great place to stay and in a wonderful location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for this great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Ansonborough Inn from the moment you walked in the door. I am glad that you found our facility clean and charming and I am even happier to hear that the staff was so exceptional! It is great to know that we were able to help you with everything you needed and that our assistance led to a terrific visit to Charleston. Thank you so very much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and for taking the time to share your expereince onTripAdvisor. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We spent two nights at Ansonborough Inn and loved it from the minute we opened the door. The staff, especially Jenna at the reception desk, treated us as though we were extra special. Our room was a suite with beautiful furniture, a huge granite bathroom, and a flat screen TV. There was lots of room to move around. The wine and cheese hour is lovely and delicious, and the breakfast is much better than most continental breakfasts. There is coffee, tea, lemonade, cookies, fruit,and water available all day. The ladies who take care of the refreshment area are extremely friendly and welcoming. Also, the rooftop terrace is a nice place to sit.

If you like to read a bit at night, be sure to pack some light bulbs higher than about 40 watts, though. There were many lamps, but none to read by--unless you want to use the unpleasant overhead light.

We would definitely stay here again, though. Really a nice place and an easy walk to everywhere! Also, the parking lot just across the quiet street, makes it easy to use your car.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this lovely review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you loved everything about the Ansonborough Inn! It is great to know that from the moment you walked in the door you were happy with everything that you encountered. I am glad that the room was comftortable and pleasant and that you found our complimentary services to be better than expected. I am also glad to hear that the weather cooperated enough for you to enjoy our rooftop terrace! Thank you again for writing this great review on TripAdvisor and for choosing the Ansonborough inn!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed 8 nights in this great INN. The staff is just super and they really take good care of all your needs. We really enjoyed the wine and cheese each night and they made a big effort to make sure we had plenty each night during the ICE storm in late Jan. We just couldn't believe the effort this staff put in for our enjoyment and helping care for us in the 2 days we were inside due to the weather. Carrie, the Inn Keeper, even walked across the bridge to get to work..WHAT A GREAT STAFF. THANKS oakwoodmoby

Room Tip: Better value if you can go from Sun to Fri. Maybe to much noise on ground floor but they are more c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn during your recent visit to Charleston. It is great to know that we were able to keep you warm and happy during the crazy weather that Charleston experienced during your visit. What a unique time to be in town! I hope that upon a return trip to Charleston we able to "provide" better weather amd that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ansonborough Inn. Thank you again for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and for writing this terrific review.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed four restful nights at this small hotel in the heart of Old Charleston. Alerted by TA reviews, we asked for and were given a room away from the traffic noise of E. Bay Street and the early morning deliveries at the supermarket across Hasell Street. Our large junior suite on the first floor was clean and tastefully decorated. We especially enjoyed the complementary breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese hour. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you very much for this wonderful TripAdvisor Review! I am so happy to hear that we found you the perfect room and that you had a wonderful visit to Charleston and the Ansonborough Inn. It is also great to know that you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, as wll as our decor. Thank you again for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Ansonborough Inn is a lovely place to stay in Charleston. It has a warm atmosphere that will take you back in time. Our room had 24 foot ceilings with huge rustic wooden beams and beautiful paintings throughout, plus all the amenities you would expect in a AAA 4 Diamond rated inn.
They have a nice wine & cheese spread every evening as well.
All within walking distance of Market Street and several highly rated restaurants.
We forgot our hanging clothes on our way out. They contacted us within an hour and shipped them to our home.
We will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so very much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I cannot fully express how delighted I am to hear that you had such a memorable visit to Charleston and our property. It is great to know that you loved your room, our location, and the complimentary services that we provide. I'm sorry to hear that you left some items behind (you really must not have wanted to leave!!), but I am glad that we were able to get them to you quickly. Thanks again for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and for posting this review on TripAdvisor! I hope to see you again soon!