“This is it...look no further!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ansonborough Inn

Ansonborough Inn
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
“This is it...look no further!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location, walk to everything. Beautifully restored and CLEAN rooms. Great for couples or families. Wonderful breakfast with fresh fruit. The staff was helpful and friendly. Would/ will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and taking the time to place this review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that everything abour the hotel was exactly what you were looking for and that you hope to visit us again. Thank you again for the lovely review--I hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Tripadvisor asks reviewers to write about what they liked least. Okay, there could be more shelves in the bathroom, and the hotel asks guests to identify anything that is missing when they inspect the room, which is a little odd given that is impossible to know what isn't there. Other than that, very spacious, unique rooms. Very restful to come back to after a day of touring. Very quiet. Excellent staff, breakfast and wine and cheese hour. Great location - short walking distance to Bay Street (restaurants), King Street (shopping), aquarium, ferries to Fort Sumter and harbor tours and carriage tours. We never needed to use our car. Lovely rooftop terrace with views of the city. Across the street from supermarket and pharmacy. Excellent value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian975
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect about the hotel and that you were able to experience so much that Charleston has to offer. It is great to know that the hotel was a pleasant place to return to after a busy day of sightseeing. Thanks again for this great review--I hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013

So glad I found the Ansonborough Inn on TripAdvisor -- I was thrilled from the moment I walked in the front door! Gorgeous decor, friendly staff, clean & comfortable room, great breakfast buffet & wine/ cheese happy hour -- not to mention a complimentary bottle of champagne! Great value compared to other hotels I researched. Very convenient to awesome restaurants (we tried Blossom & Cypress- Monday nights Cypress has great $5 burgers!) shopping at the City Market, King St, and the 24/7 Harris Teeter just steps away. We couldn't have asked for more on our first trip to Charleston. The rooms had soaring ceilings, comfortable bed, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and in-room safe. The Inn was quiet & relaxing. We enjoy nice accommodations at a reasonable price -- if you are the same, you won't be disappointed if you choose the Ansonborough Inn.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joli1203
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
First and foremost, Thank you for choosing the Ansonborough Inn! It really sounds like you had a truly wonderful time in Charleston and it is great to know that the hotel contributed to a memorable visit. It certainly sounds like you had a chance to dine at some of our wonderful restaurants and explore the historic sights, as well enjoy some relaxing time at the hotel. I am so happy that you were pleased with your decision and I hope that we see you again in the future! Thank you again for this terrific review!
Atlanta
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Quiet location, spacious well appointed rooms, very helpful staff, and nice amenities. Roof top patio is a winner. Nice Breakfast buffet and wine and cheese spread at 5pm. Across the street from the Harris Teeter which is open 24/7 which is great and only a few blocks from the shopping district of King. We love this place!

Room Tip: 3rd Floor is closest to roof top patio
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
It is so wonderful to hear that you had such a great time during your visit to the Ansonborough Inn! Thank you for taking the time to share this review on TripAdvisor--I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything about the hotel. If you make a return visit to Charleston, I look forward to saying, "Welcome Back!" Thanks agian for choosing the Ansonborough and for this great review!
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary and were very pleased with the ansonborough inn. It was so unique with high ceilings and an almost lodge-like atmosphere. The exposed wooden beams and brick walls were great touches and really worked with their theme. They had a free wine and cheese social every night, which was a great way to connect with others staying at the hotel. We had a blast here and would come back. The location is awesome. We brought our bikes and could ride to anywhere we pleased in Charleston from the hotel. The only complaint I have is that the turn down service has to be early in the day as there is no full time cleaning staff on site, but this wasn't a big deal. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Chad L
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you do much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and taking the time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that we were such a wonderful part of your anniversary celebration and that you enjoyed so much about the Ansonborough Inn! Thanks again for this great review--I hope to see you again soon!
Somerdale, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor and really enjoyed it! We were surprised to be upgraded to a suite. The room was tastefully decorated and clean. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Great amenities like a rooftop terrace (nice for relaxing at night with a partial view of downtown Charleston), a good continental breakfast, 5pm wine and cheese (complementary) and a beautiful bar. This was our first visit to Charleston and we lucked out with a great location - close to everything tourists want to see. Parking is reasonable and across the street from the hotel. Easy access in and out of the city at this location, too. I would go back there again if I ever get back to Charleston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank d212debby
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased that the Ansonborough Inn was part of your "inaugural" visit to Charleston and that we are now part of your fond memories of this special city. It is wonderful to know that you had time to enjoy all of our amenities and that you found our complimentary offerings to be pleasant. Thank you again for this great review--I hope you make a second trip to Charleston and I have the opportunity to say, "Welcome Back!"
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I found this little gem on TripAdvisor and I'm very glad that I did my research. This place is close to everything. My wife and I stayed with another couple. We booked a double room as an economical route and definitely got our money's worth. Honestly all of the rooms are beyond reasonably priced. Our double room was definitely sufficient for the size of our party. It felt like a suite. It was comfortable and well maintained. Additionally, you just can't beat the amenities. The breakfast was quite delightful and the wine and cheese social is so much fun! What's better than a nightly hour of wine and cheese? The rooftop terrace is another awesome little feature. The Ansonborough Inn was very unique and enjoyable. I think we've found our spot for future visits to Charleston!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt J
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for finding our "little gem" and putting such a great review about it on TripAdvisor. I am so delighted that you were able to find the perfect room that fit both your budget and your needs. It is wonderful to know that the Ansonborough Inn was a memorable aspect of your visit to Charleston and that you enjoyed everything about it. I love hearing how much you enjoyed breakfast and that you looked forward to the wine and cheese hour. Thanks again for such a wonderful review--I hope to see you again soon!