“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Atlanta
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Quiet location, spacious well appointed rooms, very helpful staff, and nice amenities. Roof top patio is a winner. Nice Breakfast buffet and wine and cheese spread at 5pm. Across the street from the Harris Teeter which is open 24/7 which is great and only a few blocks from the shopping district of King. We love this place!

Room Tip: 3rd Floor is closest to roof top patio
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
It is so wonderful to hear that you had such a great time during your visit to the Ansonborough Inn! Thank you for taking the time to share this review on TripAdvisor--I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything about the hotel. If you make a return visit to Charleston, I look forward to saying, "Welcome Back!" Thanks agian for choosing the Ansonborough and for this great review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary and were very pleased with the ansonborough inn. It was so unique with high ceilings and an almost lodge-like atmosphere. The exposed wooden beams and brick walls were great touches and really worked with their theme. They had a free wine and cheese social every night, which was a great way to connect with others staying at the hotel. We had a blast here and would come back. The location is awesome. We brought our bikes and could ride to anywhere we pleased in Charleston from the hotel. The only complaint I have is that the turn down service has to be early in the day as there is no full time cleaning staff on site, but this wasn't a big deal. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Chad L
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you do much for choosing the Ansonborough Inn and taking the time to write such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that we were such a wonderful part of your anniversary celebration and that you enjoyed so much about the Ansonborough Inn! Thanks again for this great review--I hope to see you again soon!
Somerdale, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor and really enjoyed it! We were surprised to be upgraded to a suite. The room was tastefully decorated and clean. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Great amenities like a rooftop terrace (nice for relaxing at night with a partial view of downtown Charleston), a good continental breakfast, 5pm wine and cheese (complementary) and a beautiful bar. This was our first visit to Charleston and we lucked out with a great location - close to everything tourists want to see. Parking is reasonable and across the street from the hotel. Easy access in and out of the city at this location, too. I would go back there again if I ever get back to Charleston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank d212debby
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased that the Ansonborough Inn was part of your "inaugural" visit to Charleston and that we are now part of your fond memories of this special city. It is wonderful to know that you had time to enjoy all of our amenities and that you found our complimentary offerings to be pleasant. Thank you again for this great review--I hope you make a second trip to Charleston and I have the opportunity to say, "Welcome Back!"
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I found this little gem on TripAdvisor and I'm very glad that I did my research. This place is close to everything. My wife and I stayed with another couple. We booked a double room as an economical route and definitely got our money's worth. Honestly all of the rooms are beyond reasonably priced. Our double room was definitely sufficient for the size of our party. It felt like a suite. It was comfortable and well maintained. Additionally, you just can't beat the amenities. The breakfast was quite delightful and the wine and cheese social is so much fun! What's better than a nightly hour of wine and cheese? The rooftop terrace is another awesome little feature. The Ansonborough Inn was very unique and enjoyable. I think we've found our spot for future visits to Charleston!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt J
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for finding our "little gem" and putting such a great review about it on TripAdvisor. I am so delighted that you were able to find the perfect room that fit both your budget and your needs. It is wonderful to know that the Ansonborough Inn was a memorable aspect of your visit to Charleston and that you enjoyed everything about it. I love hearing how much you enjoyed breakfast and that you looked forward to the wine and cheese hour. Thanks again for such a wonderful review--I hope to see you again soon!
South Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This is such a charming place! Close to almost everything. Wonderful rooms with great high ceilings. We were on second floor and it was very quiet. We loved the pimento cheese in the afternoon. The staff was very nice and helped us find some great places to eat. This was the best hotel we have stayed in on our 3 stop vacation. Wish we could return!

• Stayed June 2013
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great TripAdvisor review! It is so flattering to hear that we were your "hotel highlight" during your vacation! I love knowing that everything about the Ansonborough Inn contributed to your great memories of Chaleston and that you had the opportunity to enjoy all of our amenities. I do hope that you have a chance to return to Charleston and that we are able to say, "Welcome Back!" Thanks again for the great review!
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Our first trip to Charleston was a huge success, thanks to the Ansonborough. We booked because of the great location and price. That, and more, will keep us coming back. Plentiful continental breakfast, comfy rooftop terrace, very spacious rooms with high ceilings, free wi-fi, friendly staff, and best of all-- 5pm wine and cheese every day! Our room on the top floor was quiet and had a nice view of the harbor and USS Yorktown. The exposed brick wall was charming and reminded us of our apartment in New York. The market area location meant that we could walk everywhere, and the proximity to the Ravenel Bridge meant that we could get to the beach and Shem Creek quickly. A wonderful time at a wonderful hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for this great review! It is wonderful to know that we were part of a terrific first visit to Charleston. I am so glad to hear that from our nightly rate, to our rooms, to the rooftop terrace, everything about the Ansonborough Inn surpassed your expectations. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed all of our amenities, as well as our location. Thank you again for such a wonderful review--we hope to see you again soon!
South Royalton, Vermont
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our favorite hotel to date!!! I have had the pleasure of staying in some wonderful hotels in Charleston (the Market Pavilion, the Mills House, Charleston Place) and have always enjoyed my stay. I was blown away, however, by the Ansonborough Inn. Our room was very large, but so cozy. What set this hotel apart for my family was the decor-- just beautiful! My husband (an architect major) was positively drooling over the exposed beams all weekend. My only two complaints would be that they are not pet friendly and the new rooftop area does not have a bar. But it is an absolute gem and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carrie H, Manager at Ansonborough Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Wow--Thank you so much for this truly wonderful review! it is really nice to hear that among so many hotels in Charleston we are your favorite! I am so glad to hear that everything about the Ansonborouogh Inn (and especially our decor) were postive aspects of your visit to Charleston. Thank you again for the great review--we can't wait to see you again soon!