“Delicious cupcakes”

Ranked #4 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We love to come here and try many different cupcakes. We tried the white cake with blueberries on top, the strawberry that was made with fresh berries, grapefruit, chocolate with mint frosting, lemon, and finally the lime cupcake. My favorite is always the one with blueberries on top, but I loved the strawberry frosting with the fresh berries in it. Yum! The molasses cookies are very good too.

2  Thank strawberries4U

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Sugar is on a street in a transitional area of Charleston that is a good hike from anywhere you would find tourists. It is worth every long block it takes to get there. I have had cupcakes all over the country at every overhyped place you can think of. Never have I had cupcakes as good as they are here. The lemon cupcake is among the best things I have ever eaten and the Lady Baltimore is a close second. I will never visit Charleston without coming here.

2  Thank DuffyNC
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Very quaint bakery in an older section of town ( a few blocks from The Medical University and The College of Charleston. Our visit was based on the reviews on tripadvisor, and a fondness for cupcakes. The cupcakes were $19.95 for six (6), and they were good, just not $19.95 good. The staff present were very friendly and even added a tart (which was better than any of the cupcakes) for free. For my next visit to Charleston, I'll probably give someone else's cupcakes a try.

2  Thank Bill30512
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We selected this bakery to get an 80th birthday cake from for dad. The apple spice cake was moist and delicious. The surprise was the ginger molassas cookies. They were moist and really tasted like fresh ginger. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed the sweet trearts so much we made a special stop by the bakeshop as we headed out of Charleston towards the airport. Had to get our ginger molassas cookie fix.

2  Thank Syracuse_9
Reviewed September 14, 2011

After reading the reviews I had to try Sugar on a recent trip to Charleston. The cupcakes we had, chocolate with almond & coconut, were amazing! Will definitely return when we are in town!

1  Thank Amber D