“Sweet Treat!”

Cupcake DownSouth
Ranked #6 of 21 Bakeries in Charleston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Cupcake DownSouth’s three locally owned bakeries bake both classic and creative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit, and rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, candies, chocolate-covered almonds, chocolate chips, and more. Take your pick - we offer a dozen flavors daily from our collection of more than 50 flavors! We also offer our famous Cake Shakes (cupcake milkshakes), Cake Quakes (cupcake ice cream sandwiches), Pupcakes (cupcakes especially for dogs), After Dark alcohol-infused cupcakes, wedding & baby shower cupcakes & desserts, our signature Red Velvet coffee, and much more. Now you can order online for pickup at one of our bakeries, or call in your order for Uber Eats to deliver to you, too. Stop by and make life sweet today!
Reviewed November 16, 2017

What a great little dessert haven in downtown Charleston. I was in town for a book festival, and discovered this little shop in one of the trips around the area. So glad I did, as the staff was great and the treats delicious. I myself recommend the spiked apple pie, and I took home a vanilla bean and red velvet for the teenagers, which were heartily approved as well. Will definitely visit again when in the area.

Date of visit: November 2017
Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're so glad you enjoyed your visit and your cupcakes. Come back to Charleston anytime!

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

Awesome spot for a delicious snack. Close to all the action on King Street. Yummy fresh baked goods and coffee.

Date of visit: October 2017
Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for the kind words, HR218guy!

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Great selection of cupcakes and other sweet delights.Try the individual cheesecakes. Eat on site and then take your favorites home to enjoy later.

Date of visit: June 2017
Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for your review, Phillip! Much appreciated!

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Got a Coconut and a chocolate cupcake to split between mom, dad and 3 kids. We like sweets, but these were super sweet! Even though we wanted to try more flavors, I'm glad we didn't buy more! Both were delicious, though, and I would totally visit on the next trip to Charleston.

Date of visit: August 2017
Kristin C, Owner at Cupcake DownSouth, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank you, Bmlinville! We're glad you enjoyed it! Come back to Charleston anytime

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I walked in 8 months pregnant and needing a good treat. I am gluten free so I didn't get my hopes up, but they had a gluten free cupcake. It looked average, but it sure over delivered. It was not only outside the box of the typical vanilla or chocolate GF option, the carrot style cake had an amazing cream cheese frosting. I wish I had gotten more. Hubby had the red velvet and said it was good.

Date of visit: August 2017

So glad to hear this, Jen B! We have a lot of gluten-free customers and hear that the GF carrot cake is one of their favorites. Congratulations on the upcoming birth!