“Bakery”

Cupcake DownSouth
Ranked #4 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Cupcake DownSouth’s three locally-owned bakeries bake innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit, and rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, candies, chocolate-covered almonds, chocolate chips, and more. Enjoy one of our nine daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We also found this bakery on the way back from Sugar Bakery and I had to try there peanut butter chocolate cupcake which was scrumptious!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

So good, the peanut butter and chocolate is always delish :) Husband had the Key Lime and the Red Velvet, said they were great as well!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was on my list of stops to make during our our visit to Charleston and I was not disappointed! I opted for the Cookies and Cream and it was pure deliciousness! The frosting was outstanding and the cake was very moist.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Loved this find. We were walking on King street and saw the cupcakes. These were the most, moist, flavorful little gems. The buttercream icing is delicious and the cake so moist. They don't scrimp on the icing. The best cupcakes I've ever had. We made two trips in two days. Couldn't get enough of them! Chocolate on chocolate was my favorite. We have since tried to find a cupcake shop that could beat this one, but haven't done it yet. Too bad they are so far away.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My teenagers wanted to visit cupcake since we kept seeing their vans everywhere. Went to cupcake on King Street on Saturday night. I asked about mini cupcakes, since all I saw were regular sized ones. She looked at me like I was an idiot, and said, "We put those out at 10 am." That's it. So I guess I was supposed to know that they had sold out. Bought eight normal sized cupcakes for $3 apiece. They were very dry and I was disappointed. We bought several flavors including salted caramel, red velvet, black bottomed, chocolate....all were lackluster. I was expecting a better taste or at least sumptuous service, but didn't find it.