“Jaded workers selling lackluster cupcakes”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cupcake

Cupcake
Ranked #5 of 20 Bakeries in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cupcake’s locally-owned bakery churns out innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit & rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, Reese's, Andes candies, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate chips & more. Enjoy one of 9 daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
Monroe, North Carolina
“Jaded workers selling lackluster cupcakes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My teenagers wanted to visit cupcake since we kept seeing their vans everywhere. Went to cupcake on King Street on Saturday night. I asked about mini cupcakes, since all I saw were regular sized ones. She looked at me like I was an idiot, and said, "We put those out at 10 am." That's it. So I guess I was supposed to know that they had sold out. Bought eight normal sized cupcakes for $3 apiece. They were very dry and I was disappointed. We bought several flavors including salted caramel, red velvet, black bottomed, chocolate....all were lackluster. I was expecting a better taste or at least sumptuous service, but didn't find it.

Arkansas
“Buttercream to die for!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have had 2 dozen of these bad boys. They are fantastic. It is higher end bakery, a dozen costs $32 but the cupcakes are worth it. Our family gets every flavor, then cuts them in half. You can share, they are sweet enough and big enough to share one! So a dozen should last you a while. Do no refrigerate the cupcakes, they swear and are much better left out. They use only the best ingredients and the buttercream makes me smile. It is very pure and doesn't leave a film in your mouth. You need to try this place. Be prepared to have a hard time finding a place to park this is a very busy area. They have long hours, always check the website for the hour and flavors are listed there. www.freshcupcakes.com

“Worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Cakes were moist and perfect. Icing was just sweet enough and perfect. Our family each has their own favorite flavor and we had two make two different visits because flavors vary day to day!! Loved it!

New Jersey
“Great little dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a great lunch we headed for a small mini cupcake here. Don't get me wrong I could have eaten the big one, but the mini cupcakes are a perfect little treat in the afternoon. Moist cake, lots to choose from and great frosting.

• Visited March 2013
Wainfleet, Canada
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Definitely worth the stop in! We got 4 cupcakes for around $12 and they were worth every penny.
The only disappointment is that they weren't selling the Salted Caramel Chocolate the day we were there .

• Visited March 2013