“Good treat”

Cupcake DownSouth
Ranked #5 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Cupcake DownSouth’s three locally-owned bakeries bake innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit, and rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, candies, chocolate-covered almonds, chocolate chips, and more. Enjoy one of our nine daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I love baked goods of all sorts so I usually choose to try cupcakes when I travel. These cupcakes were great! One of the best icings I ever tasted and the cake had a good flavor. These do not take the spot of my favorite cupcakes because of their size. I prefer a larger one for that price. But if you are a cake lover, you should try. The vanilla ones were my favorite.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to Cupcake at least 3 times while on our 5 day vacation. They have a big variety, and about half of their menu they make every day and half of the menu varies daily. The cupcakes are on the smaller side, but they are reasonably priced and I didn't feel sick after eating them like I do with the larger cupcakes at other places.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The cupcakes are made fresh daily, and natural ingredients! Our personal favourite is the Almond! Oh my a taste so delightful we could hardly wait for another trip to Charleston, as this is a must stop for all visitors! Last visit there was no Almond, so w tried the daily favs, lemon was bursting with freshness and beyond delightful, carrot (a good choice) and the red velvet was the best red velvet cupcake yet. As one who cooks and bakes with natural ingredients they are a delightful treat, just be sure to take a few to go! Location is ideal as we walked a few miles that day and earned our treats~ a definite thumbs up!

1  Thank natur0path1
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

If you have a sweet tooth, this place is a must. The cupcakes are a bit pricey, but worth a try. There is a decent variety everyday. I had the cookies and cream and a simona, both were delicious.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Please stop in and buy a dozen or 2!! Great gift idea for anybody....can't go wrong with cupcakes. It will bring out your inner child!