“Good cupcakes if you love lots of icing”
Review of Cupcake

Cupcake
Ranked #6 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Cupcake’s locally-owned bakery churns out innovative concoctions using the finest all-natural ingredients, like real vanilla beans, sweet cream butter, fresh fruit & rich chocolate. We top them with our signature homemade icing, colorful sprinkles, Reese's, Andes candies, chocolate covered almonds, chocolate chips & more. Enjoy one of 9 daily favorites or try one of our 50 seasonal specials!
Charleston, SC
“Good cupcakes if you love lots of icing”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I like Cupcake because they have a wide variety of flavors and its generally a cute little shop. However every cupcake has a massive dollop of icing- about the size of the actual cupcake. If you like this, you're in heaven! I personally throw some of it away. I do wish they had mini cupcakes like Sugar does- I would go there much more often. They sell them; but only by special order in a certain amount. Overall it's a good cupcake place.

Visited February 2012

Charleston, South Carolina
“Pretty decent”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'm not blown away but it's reasonably good. Their red velvet is great. I'm not too sure if the cupcakes are made entirely from scratch though. Most flavors are good but not all. I didn't enjoy the mint a all. Quite overly sweet. Cute store but staff could be friendlier.

Visited October 2012
“A sweet stop!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Decided to try Cupcake! Rode the free trolley and it let us off about a block from Cupcake! Very cute decor - small - but efficient! Had about 8 different kinds of cupcakes available - we were there around noon - husband had Peach Cobbler and I had the Breast Cancer cupcake - chocolate cake with cream cheese icing and pink trim! Very moist! Very good!

• Visited October 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Cupcakes”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Was visiting a friend in for the weekend and had lunch downtown and one of my requests was to go to Cupcake. I had the Caramel Macciatto and it was scrumptious. The black and white was good too. Cupcakes were displayed nicely in this tiny little shop.

• Visited October 2012
“Tiny shop with lovely cupcakes”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Tried it for the 1st time today, cakes are very moist but the icing is very sweet and over powering to the point I had to take it off and just eat the cake. I didn't think it's the best cupcakes I've had but it's in the top 5. Price per cupcake is kinda average at $2.50 or $3. But i do love the different types of cupcake they offer like peach cobbler and banana pudding.