“My Taste Buds Thank You”
Review of Pearlz Oyster Bar

Pearlz Oyster Bar
Ranked #30 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Original, Eclectic Little Oyster BarPearlz Oyster Bar is committed to serving only the best seafood South Carolina has to offer. Our Seafood Menu features an assorted mix of raw shellfish, local seafood, Lowcountry recipes, and regional favorites. Our raw bar offers a variety of oysters and fresh seasonal shellfish. We're also a part of the Sustainable Seafood Initiative, so eating at Pearlz is good for both the palate and the planet.A full-service bar serving the coldest beers and unique, refreshing cocktails, Pearlz has become a favorite happy hour meeting spot for both locals and visitors alike.Patrons looking for a nightcap and a bite to eat can order from our late night menu, which features several of Pearlz' signature dishes.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have eaten at Pearlz on a number of occasions and have always had an excellent culinary experience. I have been converted to eating fish by Chef Victoria. I have never liked fish until I tried hers. My taste buds were dancing in my mouth and I find myself craving her food at least once a month. The service and food are always outstanding and I have recommended the restaurant to numerous friends. I am a huge fan!!!

1  Thank Micky P
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you! Join us again soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

It really has a cosy interior, I bet a quicker service too. We had a nice dinner as a family and enjoyed the food thoroughly. Charm of Charleston, eating on the pavement is a must if you are around, worth the try...

Thank you for the review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was wondering around the city and hadn't done my trip advisor research when I noticed Pearlz. As I strolled by, I noticed it was a lively crowd and the place had an overall good vibe. Everything I had was awesome, from the bisque to the mixed grill special. Service was also great. A good place to people watch to boot!

1  Thank jackatie

Thank you for joining us! We hope you can make it back again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was one of our best dinners in Charleston. The place was mobbed and noisy with modern decor and a genuinely fun atmosphere. The staff is friendly and the service was very good. My wife started with peel-and-eat shrimp; a generous portion that was perfectly cooked. She followed this with excellent sautéed scallops served with fresh asparagus and red rice. I had a dozen oysters (only $1.00 each) from the Gulf, that were perfect. I followed this with an excellent pan-fried grouper. We shared (and fought over) a slice of excellent coconut cream pie. I would not hesitate to go back.

3  Thank Mikeb1Falmouth_MA
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you! We hope you can make it back again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice in the last two months; once on a family trip and recently on a business trip. The mixed seafood grill was incredibly good, and the oyster sample plate was top notch. The branzino is fantastic. The only detractions were that the restaurant and attached bar can be very loud at times and they seem to be a little short on wait staff at times.

1  Thank StartingFive

Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to write a review. We hope you can join us again soon.