“Kudos to Kudu's”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Our hotel concierge suggested Kudu's & I visited on my first day in Charleston and returned 3 more times. Filled with college students and laptops, but it was a great people watching spot with a nice garden outside to hang out. I sat inside and chatted with the "kids" and found everyone friendly and helpful to an "almost" senior citizen. Good place to rest in the afternoon after a long day of walking & touring the city. Plenty of seating options including comfy chairs and sofas. Only drank the Japanese green tea but that was a nice p.m. lift. BTW, Kudu has antlers and is hanging on the wall.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

My husband and I had heard wonderful things about Kudu and wanted to try it for ourselves. We got slightly lost and wound up walking way longer than we need to, but once we got there the walk was totally worth it. I had the coco mocha nut coffee and it was superb. The atmosphere was relaxing and we both enjoyed our time there.

Reviewed July 17, 2009

Great coffee, awesome breakfast pastries (quiche, croissants, brioche), and fabulous ambiance. Located right off Marion Square. The place is larger than I expected, and it has all the charming nooks and crannies coffeehouse geeks (like myself) love. And a really cool outdoor patio. Free Wi-Fi--all the bells and whistles. Guy was playing guitar in the corner last time I was there. Super charming. Why anyone would want to hit Starbucks in favor of Kudu is beyond me (and I've done my share of Starbucks trolling). Seems they have happy hour from 4-7 daily, so I guess they serve alcohol too. All in all my fave new place in Charleston.

Reviewed May 5, 2009

A local jewel - you'll never want to go back to Starbucks! Loved the cool African theme, the hip/cool vibe and the eco-friendly approach (they recycle your coffee cup!). Perfect place to hang out with a friend, a book, your laptop, whatever. BIG PLUS - is dog-friendly both inside and out on the patio.

Reviewed May 5, 2009

The real deal. Genuine, Great place for coffee, to hang out, or to meet.