“Perfect spot!”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Seriously good. Had the best beer ever and was well served by the staff. Highly recommend the coffee and the chocolate croissants. Bring your friends and sit outside for a couple of hours.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My first encounter of this new funky little favorite of mine was Kudu Coffee and Craft Beer in Charleston, SC. There it sat, hidden on a regally named side street of downtown Charleston with nothing more than their logo above the door. Kudu’s selection was small but rich in local flavor. It featured craft breweries from the area including Holy City and Palmetto and only the finest latte art in your midafternoon pick-me-up. Kudu’s location had a great courtyard that doubled as a performance venue for local talent. A perfect pick for a Friday happy hour to get your weekend off to a good start.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We loved this off the beaten path coffee house when my husband and I began dating! It did change owners a couple of years ago but the coffee is still delicious. I particularly love the Iced Chai Latte, and my husband enjoys going for the craft beer. But I feel that due to the College of Charleston campus they have gone overboard on the ID checking, as the last reviewer stated, and have almost become hostile. My husband and I went and got beers and sat outside, then I went back in to get a second round and was questioned about who it was for and was not allowed to buy it without him there. I'm sure they deal with CofC students trying to get by with fake IDs constantly, so I do have some sympathy. But between that and the WiFi hoarding, this place has gotten a little too "uppity" and is not as appealing to their demographic of students and 20s-30s. But if you don't care about all that and would like a nice coffee or beer outside on the patio with some entertaining local music, hit this place up!

1  Thank EEAvery
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Just visited Charleston and one of the biggest highlights in our day was Kudu Coffee! I knew it was gonna be good when there was a long line of people waiting. I was thinking, "I bet it'll be worth the wait." Bit there was LITTLE wait time! The lined moved fast and the coffee was MORE than superb! Smooth and rich, not CHARRED like a national chain. Their store was very trendy and clean. The courtyard was peaceful and inviting. The baristas artwork on my latte amazing! This WILL BE a "daily" visit next time in Charleston! I wouldn't entertain going to any others! The only problem I had was finding a parking spot, but that's like MOST of Charleston anyways. If not already, this will be one of Trip Advisers "Awarded Stores" for sure! Congrats Kudu! You get 5 Xtra Shots for EXCELLENCE!!!

1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Missed this when walking King and had to backtrack and search a little, and glad I did. Ordered a latte and it was delicious. Seriously, the best coffee I've had. The atmosphere was nice with indoor and outdoor seating, of which most seats were occupied. Service was quick and prices were reasonable.
When I come back to Charleston, and I will, I will be getting my coffee here. Yum!