“Cappucino Heaven”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I am passionate about coffee so I love finding good coffee wherever I go. This is it in Charleston. I ordered my favorite drink and it was delicious. Not only great flavor but beautiful too great cappuccino art. Nice atmosphere with a great courtyard to sit and sip in.

There are newer reviews for Kudu Coffee & Craft Beer

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were leaving on a cruise out of Charleston, so when we arrived in Charleston, we had time to spare - and we were thirsty. After walking around for a few minutes, we spotted this quaint place, right near the college, and a lot of students with their laptops were hanging out, doing homework, enjoying coffee and other hot beverages. We opted for their specialty beers, which were fabulous. 5 days later, after the cruise, we decided to stop by again, this time for a hot brew and to check our email. The coffee was strong and flavorful, and they also have a nice courtyard, a plus for smokers. We'll definitely go there again next time we're in Charleston, maybe for beer tastings and life music.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We just happend to be walking by and heard music, went in they were having live music and beer by local brewery HolyCity what great luck both were great and fun

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Kudu is definitely a staple in most college students diets. The coffee is brewed with care and the food is tasty while not too expensive. I've never tried one of their craft beers, but I've been told they're wonderful. If you enjoy Chai lattes, I would definitely suggest theirs!
The staff has always been friendly with my guests and me, greeting us by name after only three times in the shop. They are never too preoccupied to chat with their customers and ask their opinions.
The outside patio is often full, but there is always a chair to be offered. Even though it's on a street behind a dorm, it's not as one would expect.
If you want to open a small coffee shop in Charleston, I would recommend following their example!

1  Thank MorganE309
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My friends and I hung out here with some coffees for about 2 hrs, it was so wonderful sipping delicious coffee by the fountain looking at the birdies and just chatting. As a comparison point, we also hit up Hope + Union coffee the next day, but I have to say that the atmosphere at Kudu is so wonderful and friendly, it makes Hope + Union look like a scary institution in comparison. We also bumped into 2 Kudu barristas the day after we visited and they chatted with us for a good 10 minutes on King St. I highly doubt that the fancy schmancy coffee servers at Hope + Union would even glance at us walking by! LOL! The coffee was truly perfect for me at Kudu, I get it black in a house mug and add a wee bit of sugar and cream, and it was splendid.