“very good and authentic”

Santi's Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #277 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Still one of the best for Mexican in Charleston. Very fresh and authentic cuisine. Everything is good, fresh chips and guacamole.

1  Thank danm1229

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Want to hang with the locals in Mt Pleasant?? Come for the excellent chips and guacamole, and the even more excellent margaritas. Beware-- they are made strong, and drinking more than one on a hot day will definitely make you woozy. The Fro Burriti and Wet Burrito are both very well done. Skip the soups--they aren't as good as the menu makes them sound. This is down and dirty Mexican at it's best, so don't be alarmed if your seat is a little grimy or the lights are dim. Skip the outdoor seating in Mt Pleasant and enjoy the gaudy decor-- a real throw back to Mexico of old.

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed March 4, 2014

just had lunch or at least tried to. Ordered one of my favorites, Menudo, boy was it horrible, had to send it back, got two tacos instead, seriously, the steak taco was not hot and so, so salty, the pork taco was served with a huge clump of pork on the tortilla, the beans tasted burnt. I spoke to the manager after telling the server what happened, he was nice but still charged my husband for his lunch special even though I went without lunch because by this time I had to go back to work.
very bad form for a restaurant manager to do that.
Our server was very nice, food, not so much

1  Thank linda g
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I went to Santi's Mt. pleasant location Monday and it was full of locals.The food was very authentic and flavorful,the service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

A friend and I asked son to go to lunch with us and he recommended something Mexican close to his apartment. Fine. Most Mexican food I've sampled looked like food but had the flavor of cardboard and potato chips. Forget all that when you head for Santi's Restaurante Mexicano. The all male staff made me think I might be south of some border I'd never crossed. Tacos had a corn taste. Imagine that!!!! Peppers were peppers and after a bite I figured they were for looks and not for eating! The atmosphere was fun and beyond southern fried providing a great Mexican meal with an international flare. I left full and satisfied except for the wish to speak Spanish! That would've added some fun for sure. Locate Santi's and enjoy! Remember the peppers are for viewing, not eating.

2  Thank TravelingWriter001