“Great food but short on customer service.”

Santi's Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #326 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dorset
“Great food but short on customer service.”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

C'mon guys, how hard can it be to post your reviews under the correct restaurant? There are two Santi's and two listings. Consider yourselves told off!
This has been a family favourite for several years now, so we expected great food. We weren't disappointed. The wet Burritos were hot and filling, the ever-present refried beans moist and tasty. Taco shells were light and the nachos and salsa pungent enough to kick your tastebuds into gear.
A slight minus point was the server - he might have been more lively if we had been Mexican, and the bar was occupied by scruffy drinkers and off-duty staff who were a little intimidating. The food is more than good enough to attract customers from downtown Charleston but the atmosphere could be more welcoming.

• Visited November 2012

“This is South Caroline Mexican !”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Spent 10 days in Charleston with family. They eat out a lot in Charleston and they took us to their favourite restaurants. I'm not a fan of Mexican food. However, this place was fantastic. The food was good, the Mexican beer lovely and the jugs of margaritas were to die for ! We went mid week and at the end of the evening there were other customers dancing by the bar, the atmosphere was superb - not at all what I was expecting. I'm still not a massive Mexican food fan, but I would eat at this place again and again.

Charleston, SC
“My fav Mex in SC”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I miss Santi's! Having recently moved away from Charleston, I have been desperately seeking a Mexican food replacement for my
south-of-the-border cravings. So far? No luck. And its killing me.

My wife and I were (nearly) once a week customers for at least 10 years, and I have the cholesterol numbers to prove it, but no matter. They have pills for that now. And Santi's it too good to miss.

Over the years we watched it grow from a true hole-in-the-wall to a well followed, even crowded favorite of Mex food lovers. And throughout 10 years of satisfying meals, we only enjoyed the food more with each visit.

Everything has a 'home style' qualily about it. From the site made chips (a delicious rarity), to the wide variety of sauces, unique soups that one rarely see on the on other establishment's 'americanized' mex menus, everything is fresh, tasty, fully satisfying. This is the real thing! We always appreciated the number of 'real Mexican' workers who flocked there for dishes like their Mother's made.

Back this past weekend for a quick CHS visit, I passed on more famous venues, opting for my favorite Mex in SC. Its still delicious.
If you haven't, you've got to try it.

One perhaps not so positive comment. My review pertains to the location on Meeting Street, only. There's also a location in Summerville, but with each visit there, I left feeling that their recipes aren't as consitent at downtown. BUT, if it was the only Santi's I could get, I'd still go.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank portofcaller
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Food was okay, but with service like this, I won't be back.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

First I must start by saying that, Unfortunately I have to use the meeting street location's site to review the mt pleasant site. That being said, the food at this location was pretty good. Chips and salsa, margaritas, and entrees were all good. But the service... I've never felt so unwelcome at a restaurant. The waiter was surely and un-attentive. It didn't look like we were the only ones to get this treatment. The managers need to reel it in, and fast. A place with service like this won't last long.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Tony does it right”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hood time for friends n family. I make it a habit to go every Sunday, Santi's Sunday yes sir. William is the man for service and Tony is the best manager of the downtown area.

• Visited July 2012