“Poor customer service. Disgusting employees. Zero management to talk to!”
Review of Gilroy's

Gilroy's
Ranked #681 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently moved to King St. I work in the hospitality industry and frequently order Gilroy's! NEVER have I had the experience that I had this evening! I ordered a medium cheese stick and large Italian sausage and mushroom with extra cheese. I sent my boyfriend to pick it up with my card. He arrived back to a group of 5 of us starving! After taking a few bites we realized there was nothing but mushroom and a little bit of cheese. There were air bubbles all over the pizza ( with no toppings) starving, I called to confirm what I ordered. If they had said "medium cheese sticks with a large mushroom pizza" I would have left it alone, but they repeated exactly what I ordered which wasn't what I got. My boyfriend went back to get the pizza we had ordered (after I spoke to them on the phone) he returned with no pizza and swiped up both the cheese sticks and the pizza because they claimed they were sausage. He then shows back up with NO pizza at all. I spent over $40 bucks on something I didn't get. He said they pointed out every "speck" of sausage and had not made the correct pizza they said they were "throwing" in the oven. We routinely come here. I know exactly what a sausage mushroom and extra cheese pizza looks like. I went down to "correct the situation" I didn't even make it across the street and the guys that work there were taunting me while SMOKING CIGARETTES out front (gross) telling me to look in the trash bc my "drunk boyfriend" threw it in there. First off he's a coworker and 2nd off "drunk" makes you money there at that hour. How hard is it to throw some sausage on a pizza?!? I found the cheese sticks but the pizza "disappeared" they said someone "took" it out of the trash in the 2 minute transition. I wouldn't be surprised if they resold it...scalliwags! Pizza Hut is more impressive than this hipster ran crap hole! Who would actually go here SOBER? Quit and let people who WANT to work, work! I hate lazy people! Jobs are few and far between and you all are definitely AND should be replaced!

1  Thank KamdenLHuckabee

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This pizza was great, but the inside of the place is atrocious! I almost didn't want to eat here because of how dirty it looked. The price for the pizza was great, but it will taste better if you are eating it somewhere nicer - I promise!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I loved Gilroy's when I went to the College of Charleston. Every time I go back to see friends and family, an 18 inch supreme from Gilroy's is a must have.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

One of my favorite places to eat in CHS! Cheap, easy, simple food... it's not a family place but a great place for pizza on the go or a quick late-night spot for those who need something at 4am

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Took the advice of a local student after hitting the bar - she recommended Gilroy's for some late night food.

I think it was $9 but a small pie with two drinks - not too shabby