“Impressed”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a previous visit to Charleston last year, but a short return visit over the 4th included two stops at D'Allesandro's... both times take out. It looks like an after bar stop, but the pizza is certifiably good. No beer buzz required.
Great thinnish crust. Generous toppings. The sauce was very flavorful, and a bit more salty than expected (but in a good way). Pepperoni, sausage and mushroom was the favorite of the bunch. We also ordered green pepper and garlic. I expected chopped garlic throughout, but no... dozens of roasted garlic cloves. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My siblings and I ate there for dinner tonight and I was not pleased with the taste of the pizza. I did a carry out and the person who took my order was not very friendly. When I walked in for the pick up, the place looked very nice. It's on the corner of two streets so it can be difficult to see. My sister and I almost passed it. I truly believe that there is other pizza places that has pizza which taste a lot better than this place.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our family really enjoyed this pizza for lunch. The atmosphere is decorated in early college - fun but not upscale. The staff is deligent and caring but not polished. The pizza this thinner than thick crust but thicker than thin crust and is very good. So, this place will confirm those with expectations that restaurants with minimal atmosphere can serve great food. Also, I thought the side salads were much better than what I usually get at pizza places.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Far and away the best pizza I've had in a long time. This place is a college dive that's clearly aspiring for more. Too bad it's not in my home town!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Go to D'als for their lunch specials. Best deal around and the parking is free (no meters in that area). The salads are huge.