Charleston Black Cab Company

from $105.00
from $160.00
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews party bus always on time professional driver cell phone number kiawah island great driver bachelorette party vehicle ride cbc cars texts joshua breweries mike
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2015

What a delight to take Charleston Black Cab instead of driving through traffic and hassling with parking at the airport. They texted me ahead of time to say they were on their way so I didn't have to worry about being late for a flight. The car was spotless, and my driver was polite, pleasant, and a great driver. I couldn't have been more satisfied.

Date of experience: November 2015
TatianaF932, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Black Cab Company, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

Thank you for reviewing us for your airport service. We invested in a great reservation system that lets us text our guests, track all flights and keep all of our drivers up to date and on time and we couldn't live without such a great tool in our business that is the key to us becoming the best here in Charleston.

Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

I would definitely recommend the services of Black Cab. Joseph was professional and prompt. He was also very informative which was much appreciated for first time visitors to Charleston.

Reviewed November 13, 2015

Today, I was having a rough day. After a long wait getting my car serviced at Hudson Nissan only to have it immediately towed back to fix the same problem, I was stuck in North Charleston with no ride home for the evening. I had never used Charleston Black Cab Company and now I will never use anyone else in Charleston. Kimberly S. answered the phone and she was super sweet and answered all of my questions. She was also the one to pick me up and was promtly there to pick me up at the time I requested. I wish there was a way to give the company more stars I have used other services in Charleston and all of them awful. I have not talked to anyone else at the company, but if they are all as lovely and nice as Kimberly you will never be disappointed.

Thank you for making my day better!

Date of experience: November 2015
TatianaF932, Public Relations Manager at Charleston Black Cab Company, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

We are so happy that we could make your day better. Nothing is more frustrating than when you depend on transportation and it fails you. Kimberly really is our shining star here at CBCC we couldn't do it without her and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how once again she went above and beyond at her job!

Reviewed November 13, 2015

I couldn't have been more satisfied with our airport transfer for my family of six. Thomas was waiting for us in a large comfortable Mercedes van. He provided friendly professional service with lots of great recommendations for our stay in Charleston.
Prior to our arrival Tatiana kept in touch by email to make sure our pickup went smoothly. Highly recommend

Date of experience: November 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our team. Thomas was a great find and we love hearing about how great he is doing. You are so right it is more than just a driver but the dispatch, the vehicle and a great driver that make or break a transportation experience. We are so happy that we met your expectations at every opportunity.

Reviewed November 8, 2015

Having seen positive reviews on google for this cab company, I decided to use the Charleston Black Cab Co. for transport to and from the Charleston Airport to the Downtown Courtyard Marriott on my first trip to Charleston. Not knowing the area well, I figured out with a bit of comparison that the quoted rate between the airport and downtown hotels was relatively competitive for the level of service that was being offered. I was able to pre-book both trips over the phone, with the peace of mind that they flight would be tracked, efficiently provided payment information (even with a dropped call and a quick call-back), and received confirmation emails soon after. The flight arrived after 2300; and upon turning cell service back on, I had a text stating that a driver had been sent and would be on site soon. By the time our luggage was starting to come into the baggage claim area, I had received a phone-call from the driver, Mike, who stated who he was and his location (he was more than willing to wait however long the luggage took, and was waiting outside of the car when we exited the airport). Although later in the night, Mike was personable and extremely knowledgeable of the Charleston area which was a great introduction of the city. The following day the company contacted me to ensure that the experience was desirable and I also had an email from the driver himself, which was more than expected. The return trip to the airport was scheduled for 0900; and although delayed by traffic our driver promptly called to notify me that she was almost there and had great professionalism upon arrival.

My only critique is as followed:
On the Charleston Black Cap Co. Website, under the service rate tab, followed by airport transportation... There is a blurb about the standard "Premium Service, We will always flight track your arrival time and our drivers will text you their name and number. We will meet you outside of baggage claim at the limo curbside location with cold water waiting in your car." My flight arrival time was tracked (I am sure), the driver texted me with both name and number, I was met outside of baggage claim; however, there was no cold water. I know that this is a tiny part of the offered service... but if there was water it was not noticeable or offered and I had previously seen this statement when booking but did not want to be awkward and ask. The only reason that I note this is because my fiance was parched as we were getting off the airplane and I diverted her from buying an airport drink because I had assumed we would have water offered to us. She was able to get drink the moment we got to the hotel, but for future riders, I hope this is not over-looked.

Date of experience: October 2015

Thank you so much for the detailed experience you had with our company and drivers. We do so much apologize for not providing what was promised. Yes we always have coolers with bottled water in our vehicles and we have used your feedback to enforce to our drivers they must offer water when our guests get into our vehicles. Unfortunately sometime you have to learn from a mistake and I'm sorry you had to be our learning curve. We hope to see you soon with cold water waiting...