Charleston Black Cab Company

from $105.00
from $160.00
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews party bus always on time professional driver cell phone number kiawah island great driver bachelorette party vehicle ride cbc cars texts joshua breweries mike
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2015

I couldn't have been more satisfied with our airport transfer for my family of six. Thomas was waiting for us in a large comfortable Mercedes van. He provided friendly professional service with lots of great recommendations for our stay in Charleston.
Prior to our arrival Tatiana kept in touch by email to make sure our pickup went smoothly. Highly recommend

Date of experience: November 2015
TatianaF932, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Black Cab Company, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our team. Thomas was a great find and we love hearing about how great he is doing. You are so right it is more than just a driver but the dispatch, the vehicle and a great driver that make or break a transportation experience. We are so happy that we met your expectations at every opportunity.

Reviewed November 8, 2015

Having seen positive reviews on google for this cab company, I decided to use the Charleston Black Cab Co. for transport to and from the Charleston Airport to the Downtown Courtyard Marriott on my first trip to Charleston. Not knowing the area well, I figured out with a bit of comparison that the quoted rate between the airport and downtown hotels was relatively competitive for the level of service that was being offered. I was able to pre-book both trips over the phone, with the peace of mind that they flight would be tracked, efficiently provided payment information (even with a dropped call and a quick call-back), and received confirmation emails soon after. The flight arrived after 2300; and upon turning cell service back on, I had a text stating that a driver had been sent and would be on site soon. By the time our luggage was starting to come into the baggage claim area, I had received a phone-call from the driver, Mike, who stated who he was and his location (he was more than willing to wait however long the luggage took, and was waiting outside of the car when we exited the airport). Although later in the night, Mike was personable and extremely knowledgeable of the Charleston area which was a great introduction of the city. The following day the company contacted me to ensure that the experience was desirable and I also had an email from the driver himself, which was more than expected. The return trip to the airport was scheduled for 0900; and although delayed by traffic our driver promptly called to notify me that she was almost there and had great professionalism upon arrival.

My only critique is as followed:
On the Charleston Black Cap Co. Website, under the service rate tab, followed by airport transportation... There is a blurb about the standard "Premium Service, We will always flight track your arrival time and our drivers will text you their name and number. We will meet you outside of baggage claim at the limo curbside location with cold water waiting in your car." My flight arrival time was tracked (I am sure), the driver texted me with both name and number, I was met outside of baggage claim; however, there was no cold water. I know that this is a tiny part of the offered service... but if there was water it was not noticeable or offered and I had previously seen this statement when booking but did not want to be awkward and ask. The only reason that I note this is because my fiance was parched as we were getting off the airplane and I diverted her from buying an airport drink because I had assumed we would have water offered to us. She was able to get drink the moment we got to the hotel, but for future riders, I hope this is not over-looked.

Date of experience: October 2015

Thank you so much for the detailed experience you had with our company and drivers. We do so much apologize for not providing what was promised. Yes we always have coolers with bottled water in our vehicles and we have used your feedback to enforce to our drivers they must offer water when our guests get into our vehicles. Unfortunately sometime you have to learn from a mistake and I'm sorry you had to be our learning curve. We hope to see you soon with cold water waiting...

Reviewed November 5, 2015

My wife & I went on a 3 day trip from South Carolina to Cherokee, North Carolina. We were met at the travel agency's office by Joseph. He was very courteous and professional. The "party bus" was very uncomfortable (seating) on this 5 hour trip and was crowded. I will not take another trip on such a bus. I contacted the owner, Toan, with the bus concerns and he was very receptive to my input. I want to thank Joseph, again, for his professionalism. Job well done, Joseph.

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Chief-USN

Thank you for taking the time to put the spotlight on our amazing Joseph! We have really found a wonderful asset to making our company the best here in Charleston, in him. We are sorry that you were uncomfortable in our new bus on a very long drive. We have advised the trip coordinator of this and will no longer be reserving so many people for that vehicle.

Reviewed November 4, 2015

I used Charleston Black Cab Company last week and they did a fantastic job. When my flight landed in CHS and I turned on my cell phone, I had a text message saying my car was enroute. Before I was able to deplane, I received a second text message with my driver's name and cell phone number. As I was walking thru the airport, I received a phone call from my driver, Joe, describing himself and telling me where he was parked. Joe was very personable and professional providing excellent service. I had to contact Charleston Black Cab to change my pick up location and the operator was super friendly and made the change with no hassle. My second driver was Barney and the poor guy had to pick me up at 530am in Folly Beach so I can't even imagine what time he had to get up that day. He was very friendly and courteous in spite of the ungodly hour. I would use this company again in a heart beat and highly recommend them to anyone who needs transportation in SC.

1  Thank Jan Z
Reviewed November 3, 2015

I needed a ride to the airport (early) and found Charleston Black Cab Co. online. Loved that I could book and pre-pay and the service was impeccable. Will absolutely use this company again!