“Great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pane E Vino
Ranked #160 of 894 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to the Charles.ton location and thought it was wonderful! The place is small, but charming; patio area is enclosed and heated and we'll probably sit there on our next visit. Our appetizers and entrees were all great. Among those we had were calamari, bruschetta, gnocchi, ravioli and a grouper special. Our cocktails were well prepeared and they have a good wine list. We actually had some of the house red and it was pretty nice. Our server was pleasant, efficient and knew the menu. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Martinsville, Virginia
“Obnoxious waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We also visited the new location in Mt. Pleasant thinking we were going to Settes, the mussels were fabulous for an appetizer, our meals were delicious as well, desserts were average(tiramisu and hazelnut), however, our waiter was rather annoying and overly chatty. He treated his support staff poorly, he belittled them in front of our table which is highly inappropriate and the support staff were much better then our waiter who thought a lot of himself. We will not be going back because the service really did ruin for the most part a delicious meal. The ambience leaves little to be desired as well. I agree with the previous review stating there are way too many good places in the surrounding area to eat and drink, would rather spend my money elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen G
Houston, Texas
“Great Little Italian Place- Loved the Live Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My sister and I ate on the patio where they had twinkly lights and a live band- it was a great atmosphere. Beyond that though, the food was excellent, I had the gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce, and I highly recommend it.

The service was also excellent -- I had a glass of the house red, and I ordered a second glass, the waiter poured it at the table, and when there wasn't enough in the bottle to fill the glass he said he would come back with a new bottle. When it turned out the be the last bottle, he brought me an whole new glass of a different wine and told me if I didn't like it to let him know and he'd get me something else. We loved the young vibe on the patio, it was a little more quiet and romantic inside, something to consider if you're looking for that.

Visited January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Unlikely I will return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is regarding the new Mt. Pleasant location. The restaurant has only been open a week or two. My husband and I went at 6pm on a Friday night, did not have a reservation, but thought that since it was so early and they restaurant had not been open long that it would be OK. When we arrived there were a number of parking places available and we went in, only approx half (or less) of the tables were occupied. We stood there for a full 5 minutes or more with NO ONE even acknowledging that we were there!! Staff would look at us and then just look away and continue walking. FINALLY, a waitress (quite pleasant) said "oh, I'm sorry" and asked how many, she asked if we had a reservation and I said no. She indicated that it was not a problem and was surveying the tables. As we began walking to a table, another waitress came up and quite rudely snatched the menus out of her hand. In a rude tone, she said "do they have a RESERVATION!?!?!" The original girl seemed bewildered and said not. the second waitress then turned to us and again, rudely, stated "well, it's at LEAST an hour wait for ANY walk in!" To which I repied "forget it, we won't be back". It came across that even if there was room, they were not going to accept walk ins, that it was a reservation only type affair, altho I do not know if that is true.
This treatment was DEPLORABLE. First off, you should be able to get acknowledged within moments of entering an establishment, not have everyone do their best to avoid you. Second, if they were booked, I can understand, but there is a satisfactory way to handle that. ie ~ I am so terribly sorry, but we are fully booked tonite. Could I make a reservation for you on another night? Or some such response.
The overall feeling was one that you are simply bothering them and they don't want your business. Charleston (and Mt. Pleasant) have far too many good restaurants to spend my time and money in a place that is this rude and poorly run.
I do not advise wasting your time here.

• Visited January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Worst Service Ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Pan e Vino just opened their 2nd location is Mt. Pleasant and the service was terrible. The restaurant used to be Sette so we called in an order for pick up thinking it was still Sette. When we came to pick up the food 20 minutes later (as told 20 min) we were made aware it was not Sette and our order was going to be a little different. Why would they not notify us when making the order? So after waiting 45 minutes from the phone call order we finally received our food which was cold. I called back to talk to an owner and he was the rudest person I have ever encounted in F&B. I will not be returning to this location.

• Visited January 2013