“A romantic dinner”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 992 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great place for a romantic dinner. We had a curved booth in the corner. The lighting is mood setting and the food is superb.

John W, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the feedback, Kathy! We hope you'll stop by the next time you're in the mood for a delicious and intimate dinner.

Take care,
John Williams, General Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2018

We visited from out of town to celebrate my son's 21st birthday. Adrianna was our server and she was amazing. She cheerfully guided my son through several wine selections, provided great recommendations to help him select a cut of meat that he would enjoy, and just generally provided fantastic service to make it a special experience. We could not have been more pleased.

Nate K, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing to make Ruth's Chris part of your son's special 21st birthday celebration. I'm thrilled everyone enjoyed the experience and I will be sure to share your kind words with Adrianna. Here's to hoping we'll have the opportunity to welcome you all back whenever you're in Charleston next.

Best,

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

We were celebrating our Anniversary and chose to go here. Everything was wonderful! They always ask if you are celebrating an occasion. They scattered our table with rose petals. Food was excellent- best steak ever according to my husband. Service was great. The manager came and thanked us for coming.
It’s the little things that make you want to return. We will continue to go to Ruth’s in Atlanta but will definitely come back here again.

Nate K, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

We're so happy we could help you celebrate your anniversary! It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the steak and service so much. We can't wait to welcome you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Robert is a awesome server !! Ask for him and you won’t be disappointed. Love my filet and fries !!!!

Nate K, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Russell! I'll definitely let Robert know what a great job he did, and I hope you'll join us for another filet and fries dinner soon.

All the best,

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

We have been to quite a few Ruth's Chris' over the years and this is the worst one so far. We were celebrating a special occasion which would warrant a cozy spot and instead were given a table along a high traffic area. It was difficult to concentrate on each other when we kept watching people and waitstaff near colliding everytime they rushed around the corner. Steak was overcooked and drenched in an excess of butter. The bathroom was dirty, the floors were sticky, sticky enough for everybody's feet to make noise across the restaurant. I read an article once that said the best way to determine if a restaurants kitchen was dirty and what their cleanliness level was, is by taking a trip to the bathroom and if it's dirty, well there's your answer. I would've tried other steak places before this one had I known.

1  Thank Wen9393
Nate K, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share your feedback and concerns. It definitely sounds like we fell short of your expectations and our highest brand standards during your recent visit. So that I may personally apologize and do what I can to ensure you'll give us another chance to make a great impression, I hope you'll consider giving me a call at your convenience, 843.793.4224.

Best regards,