“Exceeded Expectations”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by the staff at the desk. They were happy to give us information on places to see in Charleston. The room was clean with very comfortable beds. Our kids loved the 10 ft. deep pool. The continental breakfast was delicious and had many choices including waffles and fresh fruit. We will definitely come back. You just can't beat the wonderful staff, comfortable rooms, or the value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tib30
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2010

Many thanks to this guest for taking the time to post their review. We always appreciate guest feedback as it assists us in our efforts to improve our operation.
Our goal is to make sure our guests enjoy not only their visit with us, but their entire stay in Charleston. From reading your review, it seems that we came close to achieving our goal.
I am sure my staff will be very excited to read that their hard work is being appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments as well as your patronage. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

When we checked in Monique was at the front desk. She made us feel more like family and gave us lots of help with sightseeing tips. Then we got to our room. It was immaculate, everything we could possibly need was there and our housekeeper, Cassandra, made sure we were kept well stocked with everything. She even made a special trip to the supply area to get something that was not on her cart. The next morning we went to breakfast and found a yummy meal and a very helpful hostess, Mishima. She became everyone's mom as she made sure we were well fed and taken care of. I know I have focused on the PEOPLE here rather than the huge clean pool, the wonderful sun deck and the comfortable beds. This place had all of that too, but the staff is what makes or breaks a hotel. This staff is superb.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheWilsons32068

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We see guest feedback as a very important tool in our efforts to continually improve our operations.
Our goal is to make sure our guests enjoy not only their stay with us but their visit to Charleston as well. From reading your review, it seems we came close to achieving our goal. I am sure my staff will be very happy to read how satisfied you were with your visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

This is our family's 3rd stay at the Sweetgrass Inn. We love how the motel is situated very convenient to downtown Charleston & also the beaches where we go (esp Folly !)
The room was very clean but the air freshener they used right before we checked in was soooo strong, it gagged us. :/

The staff was exceptional as always & our housekeeper was extremely caring & helpful!
She brought us extra sheets towels & a roll away bed that we wound up needing. And it was Free! :)

The only real complaint I have is ALL of the guests from the Sleep Inn next door to the BW Sweetgrass come over & use the pool. Normally I wouldn't mind, but there were 3 families who practically Lived at the pool & their kids were LOUD & obnoxious. Plus the parents let the kids use the pool by themselves & they were back & forth All DAY LONG! Only 1 of the kids even knew how to swim! :0 The mother would stumble out to the pool w/ her boyfriend now & then but us adults in the pool (who were actually paying to stay at this hotel & use the pool!) were terrified that these kids were going to drown! It was very nerve wracking listening to kids scream Help I can't swim all day! @@

Then I noticed some of those same people from the sleep inn ate at our free breakfast buffet. Why should we spend money to stay here when the other hotel lets their guests have all our perks Free?

Just a little annoyed this time.

1  Thank halfwayback

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback, be it positive or negative, as it assists us in our efforts to improve.
The pool signs clearly state that all children are to be accompanied by an adult; apparently these guests felt it was OK to ignore the rules. I am sorry that your vacation had a damper put on it by the actions of these guests. I am also confused as to why these same guests would choose to eat breakfast at the Best Western as the Sleep Inn offers the exact same fare.
We appreciate your business and hope you won't let this experience stop you from visiting with us in the future.
Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

The hotel stay was more than expected. The front desk clerks were more than helpful with infromation about the city. The hostess for breakfast even cut up my son (1 year old) waffles while I was preparing my daughters (6yrs old) plate. The rooms were clean without the smell of over used cleaner. The location of the hotel is very close to the interstate exit. We enjoyed our stay. If I had three thumbs I would give it three thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Many thanks to this guest for taking the time to tell us how much they enjoyed their visit with us. We place a high premium on guest feedback as it allows us to better serve our guests. Our goal is to make sure every guest enjoys not only their stay with us, but their visit to Charleston as well. It appears, in this case, that we came close to achieving our goal. As we share these comments with our associates, I am sure they will enjoy reading that their hard work is being appreciated.
Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 26, 2010

The last visit was 4 years ago , it was to be my husband's last time there. He has since past. I am coming again in less than 2 weeks, with a friend I have known since our high school days. I have stayed here prior to 4 years ago. Yearly I came here, some time twice a year. I stay at your hotel either alone, or with my son, or son,and husband too. The location is perfect, The staff is so friendly and helpful. The price is very reasonable , so much so for what you get here. I love it, and will return often. I love room 122, that was the room that we always' requested. Thank you for being so friendly and very helpful. My very first visit the staff took time to map all places out for me and explain how to get there from the hotel. They were more than patient, and they did not mind helping out at all. BTW they have the best breakfast buffet, and also the loveliest pool of all the Charleston hotels!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We value all guest feedback, as it allows us to tweak our operation to better serve our guests. I am thrilled to read, as my staff will be, that we have satisified this guest so thoroughly. Our goal is to make sure that each guest enjoys not only their stay with us, but their visit to Charleston as well.

Again, thank you so much for your business and your kind words!

Reviewed July 19, 2010

The room was a good size and enjoyed the microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast had a lot to offer. The hotel had a lot of people staying there, but it was not noisy. The only negative is that after dark the cockroaches were outside in abundance. On even junmped on my back and followed me into the room!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve our operation to better satisfy our guests. I am sorry the palmetto bugs were a nuisance; we do treat the property weekly to control them.
Again, thank you for your comments!

Reviewed July 9, 2010

We were in Room 122 on 7/3 and 7/4. Room was very clean and a good size for 2 persons. Bed and linens were wonderful! Breakfast had a good variety of foods - cereal, waffles, bagels, etc. Front desk staff were very friendly. I had read on Tripadvisor that this was a pet-friendly property.so I specifially asked for room that had had no pets. That's exactly what I got. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

Many thanks to this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We place a high premium on guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve our operation. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am sure they will be very happy to know their efforts are appreciated.

Again, thank you. We look forward to serving you in the future.