“Awesome hotel that allows dogs!”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels. Comfortable beds and room. Nice and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast buffet with hot items. Would really recommend this to anyone. We were very welcomed even with our dog. The value was amazing and they did not even charge us a pet fee!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank klstebbins1
Bill R, Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear klstebbins1,

Many thanks to you for posting such a fabulous review about your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to see that you really enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast bar and that you found the staff nice and helpful. We strive to provide the best service possible so I am happy that you were totally satisfied with your experience.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Charleston Inn

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This place was wonderful. The value excellent. Service 5 stars. Will stay here again when in the area. They provided a very nice breakfast. Felt very safe in leaving our car parked there while on our cruise. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Within walking distance from a great BBQ place. Can't say enough good things about this place. Glad we found it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela L

Dear Pamela L,

Thanks for choosing to take advantage of our cruise package. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am hoping that your planning to spend time in Charleston when you return so we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Good value relative to downtown accomodations. Easy to reach. Attractive, especially given that it's located on busy Hwy 17. Very nice landscaping. Competent and helpful staff. Location convenient to downtown, beaches and plantations. Just the basics, but decent breakfast, and the breakfast room is very pleasant, with an outside patio.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B

Dear Mark B,

I would like to say thanks so much for the kind comments. We do really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to serving you again if you decide to revisit Charleston.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I work onilne and travel a lot. Many times I am working in hotel rooms. The setup of the room was perfect! Also, the room was clean, staff nice, good value, and drive-up outside entrance. The location was good. Close to downtown, Folly Beach, and the Citadel. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wendy S
Bill R, Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Wendy S,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm elated to see that you found the room setup very accommodating. We are very thankful that you chose to stay with us. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Have stayed here twice (soon to 3X)and each stay gets better & better. I've asked for directions to certain shopping venues & the front desk person printed them out for me----how helpful. Asked for additional towels from housekeeping and they appeared immediately. Lovely breakfast room (indoors & out). Beautiful swimming pool. Hotel personnel cannot do enough for you. Bathroom was spotless. Bed was as comfortable as home. Great pillows. Refrigerator was a REAL plus. No negatives!

Room Tip: Could tell you my favorite room, but then it might not be available for me! I prefer second floor r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suzon Folk M

Dear Suzon Folk M,

Thank you so very much for posting such a lovely review. The entire staff recognizes that they are here to provide the best customer service possible. I am so pleased that you are a new member to our repeat guest family. It is a pleasure to continue to serve you.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband had made reservations at a very well respected B&B in Charleston over the weekend of October 5, 2013. Long story short: they didn't have our room even after we had called to let them know we were heading up there and would be about five hours away. My husband was so upset because this was the very first time I was available to get away from work for our anniversary and he knew he had made the arrangements and was so upset about letting me down. All the rooms in the area had been booked and Sweetgrass Inn had two left. Not only did Maria understand our dilemma but she helped us out with the room rate and saved our anniversary. Although we weren't able to make our dinner/dancing reservations, which were certainly no fault of hers but the 'lovely' B&B's, Maria had smoothed out the rest of the evening for us and I can tell you right now that customer service trumps a fancy room any day of the week for us. We will remain loyal to The Sweetgrass Inn and will never stay anywhere else from now on. Thank you for making our weekend, Maria!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chefenfuego

Dear Chefenfuego,

Thank you kindly for posting a review. It is always a pleasure to hear that one of my guest service agents have won another loyal customer. Providing great customer service is very important to us so when I read comments such as yours it lets me know that we are doing a great job of extending it to our guests. We look forward to seeing you in April.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We spent our 26th wedding aniversary here. This was one of the best hotels we have been at, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The pool was better than going to the beach to just relax pool side and jump in to refresh. My wife and I will be back here in april for our get away from the winter. She already wants me to plan and book the room. The experience was great. The palm trees really were nice to sit under on a hot day. It really is a Beautiful place to stay.Thank you for the get away.

Room Tip: We stayed off the pool side we figured it would be loud but it was nice the palm trees are great to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tjf01

Dear Tjf01,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We do have a lot of return guests, so I was delighted to see that you are our newest addition. The outdoor pool that we have at our property is one of the largest in the area and I am proud to have it. I was happy to find that the rooms were pleasant and accommodating for you. Thanks again and see you soon.