“Great staff”

Ranked #24 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
California
“Great staff”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The lady who checked us in was great--she had lots of calls and people checking in and handled everyone with patience. The hotel was full so we were glad we had booked online. We were happy to get a ground floor room and slept well. The woman who was helping in the breakfast area went out of her way to make sure everyone had what they needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear travelingtomato,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate the feedback forums such as this one provide.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We try to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston but their stay with us as well. It seems, in this case, that we came close to achieving this goal.

Thank you again for the comments. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. For what I consider will be our first of many many visits to this beautiful city in the gorgeous south, this hotel is a gem. Truly. The grounds are well kept, the rooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean and it is really a good value. The check in was super efficient and the front desk staff are so helpful and knowledgeable. I would unreservedly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to come to Charleston and not paying the premium associated with staying in the historical old town. It is a mere stones throw on the Savannah Highway to town. Not more the 4 miles and about 7 minutes by car. You can eat well just out the door. There is BBQ joint next to the hotel, a great diner with just amazing breakfast, the Glass Onion Restaurant over mile down the street. The only issue I have is that the highway is busy so if you are looking to head into the city, which means turning left, you have bit of wait because of the traffic. Other than this, I have no issues and before I forget, they are also pet friendly.

Room Tip: Ask them for rooms further back from the highway towards the back of the property.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear jjy88sm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We certainly appreciate the opportunity to interact with our guests that forums such as this allow.

I was delighted to read that you would unreservedly recommend our property. We try very hard to insure our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston, but their stay with us as well. It is quite rewarding to read that, in your case, we came close to this goal.

Again, thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you again.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm writing this on behalf of my parents recent stay. This hotel was chosen b/c of the location, price & pet policy. I'll start with the positives...friendly, welcoming staff, well maintained grounds with lovely landscaping, clean lobby area, very nice pool (but they didn't use it), clean room & comfy bed (although the decor was "tired") and better than average breakfast. Also, the room had a microwave & mini-fridge. The only real negative was Room 101. It was a HUGE bummer! It's location was in the back near the maintenance area and next to the housekeeping supply storage. Due to this location, it was very noisy. They noted the noise in the early evening, but they were actually awakened before 6:00am by much more noise. Lots of banging of carts, doors slamming and loud conversations. As my mom walked her dog around the grounds (which were very nice), she noted that all other rooms had lovely flowers outside, but not Rm. 101. The "breezeway" area for their room was also dingy and the vending area was dark. The drink machine was broken, but when reported they were politely refunded their money. My mom walked to the next building's vending area, and observed that it was clean and well-lit. The only other issue was a non-working TV. However, the maintenance man overheard my mom report it to the front desk and he quickly jumped up and offered to come fix it. He was there in minutes, and took care of the problem. They almost asked to be relocated, but by the time they realized that all the other rooms were better, they had halfway unpacked, ordered a pizza and were exhausted. All in all, they were very disappointed and left annoyed and tired. Due to the fact that it seemed that Room 101 was the only stand-out bad room, my mom said she might consider returning if need be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear floridascgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your parent's stay with us. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I am sorry your parents did not thoroughly enjoy their visit with us. I must admit to being a little shocked when I read your review. We have never received a complaint regarding noise from this room in the past. However, as a result of your comments, we are examining the breezeway in question and the possibility of adding additional sound proofing to this room.

Finally, thank you pointing out the items your parents did enjoy. We will certainly share your comments with our staff. I am certain they will be happy to know that their hard work was noticed.

Thank you so much for your comments. We hope your parents will give us another chance.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my wife. Very helpful staff, clean. 15 minutes away from Historic Charleston but we had our car so we managed to get around. Nice pool, I don't think it's the biggest in Charleston but it's nice. For breakfast as far as the eggs they only had hard boiled eggs, everything else was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was delighted to read that, for the most part, you enjoyed your recent visit with us. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain that they will be quite pleased to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to serve you again.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

First time visit to Charleston and to this hotel. I would definitely recommend it. Best bed I ever slept in at a hotel. Rooms were clean, breakfast was great. Loved the waffle and pancake maker. The front desk was very helpful and friendly and the location was just a few miles from the historic district, shopping malls and Folly Beach. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank SusieLJ
Dear SusieLJ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites like this one.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. I was especially happy to know that you enjoyed our pancake machine, the latest addition to our breakfast bar. I was also delighted to know that our mattresses provided you with a comfortable night's sleep.

Again, thank you for the comments. We hope to see you again.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at here for 3 nights in July. It was great! The room was very clean and had everything we needed. My grandson loved the pool. It is very large and so beautifully landscaped. The continental breakfast even had delicious waffles. The only recommendation I could give would be to have breakfast until 10 AM weekdays in the summer like they do on the weekends. The location is very close to Charleston also. Staff was very friendly too! All in all we had a great trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gdbrodie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We certainly appreciate the feedback.

I was quite happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Our staff tries very hard to insure that our guests enjoy not only their time in Charleston but their visit with us as well. I am certain that they will enjoy knowing that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding our breakfast hours. We are currently examining our entire breakfast operation for areas of improvement. Your suggestion will be added to our list of comments on this most important issue.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to serve you again.
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I took my granddaughter to Charleston for her very first double digit birthday! I wanted to do something for her she would remember forever.....Our stay at this hotel was just the icing on the cake. The accomadations were fantastic, the service was top of the line and the breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen. The lady responsible for the breakfast area was fantastic! She was aware of everyone and everything going on in the breakfast area. She managed to keep everything stocked and topped off all the while making sure everyone had what they needed. When we go back to Charleston, we will definitely stay at this hotel as well as recommend it to anyone we know will be staying overnight in the Charleston area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Suzette H,

I hope your granddaughter had a very special birthday. And, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience.

I was delighted to read your comments. I was especially to happy to know that we exceeded your expectations with our breakfast. I am certain that our staff will be happy to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We look forward to serving you again.