“So close to all the attractions!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn

BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Dublin, Ohio
“So close to all the attractions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The hotel was conveniently close to all the attractions. Good WiFi connection, refrigerator and microwave in room. Very affordable. Nice restaurants close by. It was sometimes difficult to turn left out of the hotel parking lot due to it being on a VERY busy street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Sapphire49,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our property. We really do appreciate our guests making the effort to communicate with us this way.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston but their stay with us as well.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

2nd night here and we return to ants in the tub!

There are step ups and step downs to get into the room. Which are dangerous for my elderly father who uses a cane. The bathrooms fog so badly that you can not close the door when u shower. So if you are going with a friend or coworker be ready for them to see or hear you shower. The shower head is tiny, rusted and severely ancient!!!

The air conditioner in our room worked well and the TV was a nice big flat screen. The beds were clean and the fridge and microwave nice as long as you keep the light switch by the door on.

The door posting says they can charge $599.00 a night. My husband and I fell out laughing. This room is worth $50 that's it!

Would I come back? Yes only if its $50 not for the $109 they tried to charge us.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mommytomykids,

Thank you again for taking the time to post another review about our property. We appreciate the feedback.

We have many different room configurations. I am certain that, if asked, our front desk associates would have been happy to find you a room that would have made your father comfortable.

Again, thank you for your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Sweetgrass Inn very much. I was told and handed a brochure of all the dog parks and dog friendly restaurant s in the area. The city and people were so friendly and kind. I got to bring my dogs into a jewelry store. It was a very warm and ccomfortable stay. I'll be back. Thanks for making me feel special.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank boianil
Dear boianil,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We very much appreciate the feedback we get on the forums such as this one.

I was happy to read that we made you and your furry friends comfortable during your visit to Charleston. We enjoy being a pet friendly hotel and look forward to adding even more amenities for our four legged guests in the future.

Again, thanks so much for the feedback. We look forward to making you feel special again in the future.
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the 2nd year in a row we selected the Best Western Sweetgrass Inn.
The hotel is a short and easy drive to downtown Charleston and has large clean rooms that include a fridge and microwave. The entire staff will go out of their way to do everything they
can to make your stay comfortable.
Very affordable plus includes a nice continental breakfast.
John and Sherry.
Plymouth Ma

Room Tip: If your computer doesn't have wi fi ask for one of the10 rooms that offers a direct hook up. w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We really do love to get feedback from our guests. And, thank you so much for coming to see us again.

It is our goal to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston, but their stay with us as well. I was very happy to read that, for the most part, we met this goal in your case.

Again, thank you coming to see us again. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while family member was in ICU at MUSC hospital. The rooms were cool and comfortable. We slept well, but We just crashed! I wouldn't stay here for vacation.
The fridge and TV turn off when u turn off the lights, which we didn't know; so our cell phones didnt charge and soda wasn't cold over night.
The bathroom was ancient!! The floor of tub was a little shaky. But it seemed to be clean. At the end of my shower the water turned cool.
Two very gross hairs were in my towels; the towels also were very soft and wrinkled, which made me nervous if they were clean!
Thy quoted a price of $109 a night, luckily we had a discount and didn't pay that. I would not advise anyone to pay $109 a night. It is not worth that at all. In North Charleston the best hotels are that price and cheaper.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Mommytomykids,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions of our property. We appreciate the feedback you've provided. I hope everything turned out well for your family member who was visiting MUSC.

Our property is older than some and younger than others. As you pointed out, it is clean and well maintained. I am sorry you would not visit with us on vacation. We would love to show you the true measure of our hospitality.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We hope to see you again.
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at this hotel. We unexpectedly needed a room at a very busy time of year (Easter, Spring Break, Family Circle Cup). We were very pleased that the reviews of the Best Western turned out to be accurate. I often opt for a higher end hotel because I don't want to risk a sleepless night on an uncomfortable mattress. The beds were comfy, room was clean, breakfast average with better than average coffee. We didn't need assistance from the staff, but check- in was quick and breakfast was well supplied. Great to have a frig and microwave in the room. Location is convenient to mall, restaurants, downtown, and 526. Considering the low availabilty of rooms at this time of year...we felt we got a good deal. The hotel was extremely quiet at night, but many people were up at 6 and noisy!! Like the Ford 250 diesel idling outside our room for more than 20 minutes while fellow workers conversed and called to one another. We were up...but if I had wanted to sleep, this review would probably look different.

Room Tip: Worht your while to mention it if you are hoping to sleep late
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear jcwtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really appreciate the opportunity to receive such honest feedback from our guests.

I am sorry you were disturbed by the idling truck and its owners. We try to minimize these types of incidents but sometimes people are just not considerate. I was happy to read that for the most part you enjoyed your visit with us despite this annoyance.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. I hope you will visit with us during your next trip to Charleston.
Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here March 22 - 24, 2013. What was meant to be a pleasant ladies weekend away, turned into a damp flash-flood warning weekend, but the hotel and staff were a pleasant part.

The pool is beautiful and large, the Azaleas and landscaping on the property are beautiful. Continental breakfast was plentiful and included (to name a few) fresh fruit, cereals, coffee, tea, oatmeal, muffins and pastries, and hot fresh waffles.

The front desk staff was always pleasant, polite, and went out of their way to offer suggestions, etcetera. I WAS surprised at one point to hear the front desk clerk tell a lady there wasn't much going on in town this weekend that she knew of. There was the International Antique show, the Festival of Houses and Gardens that allows visitors a rare glimpse into private homes and gardens, that I knew of. Management should make an effort to keep staff informed and a little more excited about their beautiful city, so people don't miss all Charleston has to offer.

Room Tip: No actual restaurant, just continental breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lisa S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our property. We really appreciate the feedback we get on forums such as this.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. Normally our clerks are very good at providing details of what's happening in Charleston. Based upon your comments we are now providing them with a weekly document so they can properly inform our guests. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to serving you again.