WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn

BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Camillus, New York
“Staff is wonderful, General Manager is rude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ieesha at the front desk was wonderful, friendly, helpful and pleasant to deal with. Tonya, our room service attendant was efficient and friendly as well. Our pleasant experience stopped dead in it's tracts when we had to encounter the General Manager, Mr. Bill. He was rude and condensending, he repremanded hotel staff in front of us. He insinuated that we were not welcome because we had a specialty rate. He refused to allow us to extend our stay because he said that he only allowed two rooms per night at that rate. So we checked out and went to another hotel that was happy to accept our discounted rate.

All rooms are exterior access rooms, so you heard every door slam, every vehicle start up, maids carts rolling down the sidewalk. . . if you want to sleep ask for top floor in the back of the property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I'd like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their opinion. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was happy to read that Ieesha and Tonya were able to provide such wonderful service. As for their interaction with me, I cannot recall any recent interaction when a guest requested me to extend a "specialty rate".

In any event, thank you for the feedback. We really do appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here over Thanksgiving and when I recently returned to Charleston I knew where I wanted to stay. Very conveniently located. Great value. Very clean. TERRIFIC STAFF !!!

I'm terrible with names, but the front counter staff ( Ieesha, 1st visit, Jana, 2nd visit, were fabulous !!! )

My new home away from home!

Everything was as good as it can get

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bkingjay,

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review. We really do appreciate the feedback.

As we share these reviews with our staff, I am sure they will be excited to read them as I was. We are happy to be your new home away from home.

Thanks again for the review. We look forward to serving you again.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with another couple to visit our daughter & go on a Carnival cruise. Very nice place to stay. Excellent value, inexpensive. Clean, quite. Everything we could ask for. Very comfortable beds. Nice HD TV, however it appeared the TV service was not in HD????

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are nice for not having to carry luggage very far. You can park right in front of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Dave M,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope you enjoyed your cruise as well.

We do not currently have an HD signal in our guest rooms, however, we are working with our local cable provider to make that happen in 2013.

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. We hope we get to see you again!
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

the room was clean and comfortable. The beds were soft and had three soft comfy pillows on them. the decore seemed new. It had a decent continental breakfast with waffels, yogurt, coffee(the muffins were stale)
and juice. I didn't see any riff raff hanging around outside and it was quiet at night. I did hear someone had thier cell phone stolen out of thier car, but no one bothered my car. The staff was helpful and courteous.

I think $71 is too much if you are just passing through and need a place
to sleep for 8 hours, but if you plan on staying for a few days it is perfect.

We were allowed to leave our car in the parking lot while we went on a cruise and the shuttle will drive us to the port for $10. that seems like it
will be less stressfull then trying to find the port.

Room Tip: get a room closer to the office or you will be doing a lot of walking back and forth.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you, Sandrasomething, for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was very happy to read that your enjoyed your visit with us and found our beds comfortable as well as our rooms clean. We appreciate the compliments.

I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise and that you'll visit with us the next time you come to Charleston.
Anderson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I planed a trip to Charleston to visit my brother, every time i stay at his house i end up getting sick. I decided to stay at a hotel this trip so i stayed about a few miles away from his house at The Best Western on Savahana hwy. I got a great rate and injoyed my stay. The room was larger than i expected and the bed was a pleasur to sleep on. The employees were very nice and helpfull. Had to have some work done on my vehicle befor we left. i thought we weren't going to make the checkout time so i checked with the front desk and they advised me it wouldn't be a problem exceeding the checkout time.

Thank you!
Everett Kelley

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, Mr. Kelley. We really do appreciate the honest feedback.

We share these reviews with our staff members. I am sure they will be very happy to read that their hard work was noticed.

Again, thanks so much for the review. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit your brother.