“Will be returning some day.”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was my third visit to charleston but my first stay at this motel. I had made reservtions in advance for two joinning rooms, when we got there thoes rooms were not available however once the desk clerk found out we had brought with us a child with medical problems she promptly arranged for joining rooms so that we could assist our son and his wilfe with the children. Her thoughtfulness meant so much to us. Linda who worked in the breakfast room was a total gem. She went above and beyond to assist us and everyone else there. With all the guest she came incontact with, she still knew my granddaughter by name.The maid who cleaned our rooms was very helpful as well. Every staff member we came in contact with was helpful, friendly, and yet professional from the front desk, to the maids to the maintance. They assisted with directions to attractions, printed thoes directions and gave discount coupons to the attractions we chose. I have stayed at three hotels including the high end Francis Marriott, but the staff at this hotel is what made out stay so comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank VICKYTOM82
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

We really appreciate when our guests take the time to share their feedback on our property. It allows us the opportunity to improve.

We share these reviews with our staff members. I can tell you that they were very happy when they read this review.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again.

996 - 1,002 of 1,244 reviews

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I recently moved into the Charleston area and had very little time to look around for a quality rental prior to arriving. Regardless of the fact that mg company had pulled relocation expense reimbursement last minute, I had to find an economical place to lay my head....especially considering I had no idea how ling it would take to locate my permanent living arrangement. I cannot express enough what an all around remarkable hotel the Best Western Sweetgrass Inn is, and the staff is some of the friendliest I've ever encountered in all of my travels. From the General Manager, Ms. Brown, to the front desk ladies, to housekeeping and even the breakfast attendant really shine with true southern hospitality! I realize I can be a tad bit high maintenance as a guest, and sadly have become accustomed to the negativity received in the sense of customer service. At the Sweetgrass Inn I was always greeted, assisted, and even followed up with in such a courteseous manner that I couldn't help but feel perfectly at home. Location is convenient to anywhere you may be headed to during your stay in Charleston, and even walkable to several popular shopping areas.
Hands down this has GOT TO BE he best value in the entire Charleston area. My brother and his wife are coming in this weekend to assist me with the final parts of my move and I have already booked their room of course my new favorite local hotel, the Sweetgrass Inn by Best Western in West Ashley. Be sure to check it out and be sure to let Ms. Brown know you decided to stay at her hotel as a result of the great reviews she's received on Trip Advisor!! I am sure she'd love to know!! Safe travels y'all!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank chucktownchicforgood

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We really appreciate the feedback.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Arrived early on the date of our check in to my surprise they had a room and allowed us to check in before 11:00 a.m. We found everyone there to be very polite and very helpful. Jasmine was very helpful with directions and things we could do on a rainy day. Check in and out went very smooth. Room was really clean and nice. Location was fine we used the free trolly that you can get near the hotel for one day and the other day we drove into town. I found that either way was fine it's not hard to drive from this location. I didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool but I did see someone cleaning and taking care of things around the pool several times during the day and It always looked nice and clean. The free breakfast was one of the best I have had well stocked and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bam99
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

I am very pleased with this review. My staff understands that vacation is all about catering to our guests needs. We strive to offer excellent service and to go above and beyond what is expected. The guest services representative mentioned in this post was elated to see she was mentioned by name and appreciates you taking the time out to let us know you appreciated her service. Thanks again and we will gladly give you our best should you decide to visit with us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The staff is super friendly and eager to help. Even the chief engineer made sure to greet us. The hot breakfast was really and well stocked. Close to lots of stuff to do. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank timbo68
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post this review. I have shared this with the staff to assure them there efforts are not going unnoticed. We definitely strive to do our best and appreciate the feed back. If you are ever in the Charleston area again we would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Best Western Sweetgrass Inn lies a short drive from downtown Charleston. The motel also lies on a bus route and is near several places to eat and shop. The motel design affords quiet, because the reception/breakfast room building fronts the noisy street, and the sleeping rooms face the back and sides, with the insect sounds of the wooded areas out back providing white noise. The outdoor pool is gorgeous, edged with palmettos.

Included in the price is the "continental breakfast," which is okay, nothing exceptional. The orange juice is decent, and you can make your own waffles, toast, or instant grits. There's fruit , hard-boiled eggs, and low-fat yogurt as well as the usual sweet rolls, etc.

Typical for Charleston, the service is wonderful--the people here are relaxed, friendly, and polite. One day our room wasn't cleaned, and the front desk sent someone over within a short time.

Room Tip: For the most quiet, I suggest a room in the back building. If you plan to swim, the rooms around th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mersenne5
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their comments regarding their recent visit with us.

We do see ourselves as a great bargain when compared to the downtown properties. I was sorry to read that the room was not cleaned one day. I have shared this review with the housekeeping team leader so we can put procedures in place to insure this doesn't occur again.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to visit with us in the first place. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

room was clean, staff was great especialy juleen[i know i didn't spell that right.sorry]the pool was great.only two problems, #1 was one a tallish desk guy.i went looking for packs of laundry soap and he let me know they sold them there.later when i went back to buy some the clerk[ a different one] had to tell me they were out .the first guy never checked to see if they had any. the2nd thing i thought was funny.housekeeping was great clean towels beds made etc. but they kept forgetting to leave extra t.p..every night when we got back i'd have to go get a roll from the front desk.but like i said said i thought it was funny.would stay again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lynda b
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Many thanks to this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We really do appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve our efforts.

I am sorry their was some confusion about the soap for our laundry area as well as the failure of housekeeping to leave extra TP each day. Rest assured, we thoroughly discussed this review as an example of how little things can make a very big impact. We really appreciate you letting us know about them.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting your comments. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Loved this Best Western. Super comfy beds and pillows. All of the desk clerks were friendly and accomodating. Pool looked very nice and clean even though we didn't have time to use it. Landscaping was outstanding and rooms were very nice - ask for a room overlooking the pool. Continental breakfast was the usual - hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, muffins, etc. Nothing special there. Reasonably close to Charlestown attractions. One minor complaint - there were no fans in the bathrooms and no windows to open, so mirrors fogged up and rooms got very steamy very quickly when using the showers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Our sincere thanks to this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve our operation.

As stated many times in this forum, we share these comments with our staff members. They were very happy to hear that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for choosing to visit with us as well as for sharing your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.