“Great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Pascagoula, Mississippi
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Front desk clerk (young and long, dark-haired female) at check-in was most pleasant upon registration and helpful (and knowledgeable) of locations and site recommendations. Check out by the young gentleman was most pleasant as well. Forgive me for not remembering names. We stayed in 3 BWs and one 'other' hotel during our trip. Names got crossed. Otherwise, very nice room, great restaurant (Bessingers' BBQ next door), and nice front desk staff made the visit most enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SICGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Many thanks to this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We always place a high premium on guest comments as they allow us the opportunity to improve our operation.

Our goal at the Best Western is not only to offer clean, comfrotable accommodation with great guest service but to do our best to insure our guests enjoy their visit to our great city. In this case, it seems we came close to achieving our goal. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am sure they will be excited to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed at this inn as it was cheaper than in the main area of Charleston, i didn't have a car and I was getting in at 11pm so basically just wanted a comfortable place to crash for 1 night before heading into the main area.
I was really impressed with this accommodation! I am a best western member but even if i wasn't, I would have stayed here. Now that I have, I will definitely be back. This was a cute place, very big accommodations, and nice furnishings. The room was gigantic so it was very roomy, and overall it was a nice place to stay. The accommodations are outside, so its like a motel set up of top and bottom rooms. When you have 2 suitcases and are staying on the second level it can be a problem, but i managed fine enough...it is always good to get a workout in :)
Breakfast was nice, the room for it was good too, with an inside and outside. The entire establishment was nice really so it was great value for money. Only 10 minutes from the main area of Charleston so if you have a car it will be a great place to stay. Next year I am hiring a car, so staying here would be a good decision for that trip too.
Overall a great place, nice and comfortable and not too far outside the main area of Charleston which is good. 100% recommend it!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Toni F
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to target our efforts at improvement.

Our goal at the Best Western Sweetgrass Inn is to not only offer clean, comfortable accommodation with excellent guest service but to make every effort to insure our guests a wonderful visit to Charleston. In this case, it seems we came close to our goal. I am sure my associates will be excited to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed with my mom for two nights. Got an excellent rate, and a very clean room! We rented a car, which is the only reason we stayed here. Otherwise, we would have been limited to the expensive downtown area. The breakfast was excellent as well as the cookies and milk evening reception. The fish tank was cool as well, seeing all the fish (melvin, mufasa, zoot and ketchup) do their thing! This place is also 5 miles from the Boon Hall Plantation! Also about three to four miles down the road is a shopping center with walmart, tjmaxx, kmart, marshalls/homegoods, etc. great place to go get things you may need or have left behind! We had a wonderful trip and would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Whenever we stay in Charleston we book this hotel as it is clean and in an excellent location. We were not disappointed and got a fantastic rate (60 dollars). We got a great room overlooking the pool (the largest hotel pool in Charleston) and it was very clean and spacious. The pool had plenty of sunbeds for relaxing and was spotlessly clean. What stands out for me is the breakfast here - it is superb, and the lady responsible for it is a treasure - she serves you with breakfast items and makes the best waffles I have ever tasted - this time she offered us blueberry waffles which were delicious! She even comes around with maps of Charleston and tips on what to see and do. I am already looking forward to staying again at this hotel on our next trip from the UK to this wonderful city. Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the pool
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SICGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their comments as well as for choosing to stay with us so many times. We always appreciate guest feedback, be it positive or negative, as it allows us the opportunity to constantly improve our operation.

Our goal is to offer clean, comfortable accommodations with excellent guest service. It appears that in this case we came close to achieving our goal.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Encouraged by a recent Tripadvisor review, I followed their lead and was able to also Priceline (my first time) a room with a queen bed for $60 a night. The room was very spacious, clean and the bed was nice and comfy! Our room was at the back of the hotel so it was extremely quiet. The breakfast here is fantastic with a great selection and very helpful service. The location is excellent as you are on a main artery to historic downtown which is only 5 min. away. Very friendly staff and great service. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying at the back. Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David M
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback, be it positive or negative, as it allows us the opportunity to constantly improve our operation.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to serve you again.
Braselton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I needed an affordable hotel in Charleston SC in order that I could have surgery in Charleston, SC and have somewhere to stay close by my surgeons office for followup care. We traveled from N. Georgia. The check in was fast and efficient and I explained to the young lady that I would not need anyone coming into my room on a daily basis because I would be recovering from surgery. My husband would contact the staff when clean towels and other supplies were needed. We would keep the Do Not Disturb Sign on the door at all times. After about the 3rd day I was able to take short walks around the hotel several times per day. Every time I encountered a member of the staff they would ask how I was doing. Everyone was so very kind. I do not remember all of the names but Sharon, Joanne and Linda were 3 of the staff that went out of their way to be very kind and helpful.

If I need to go back I will definitely stay at the Sweetgrass Inn again and would and have already recommended the Inn. Prices for hotels in the historic section of Charleston SC are prohibitive. The Sweetgrass Inn is approx 3 miles from down town and takes just a few minutes and the prices are very affordable.

Thanks for making this 9 day stay the best it could possibly be in the circumstances.

Room Tip: Our room #101 was ground level with immediate access to the outside. No stairs which was great, and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SICGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charleston Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
I would like to thank this guest for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post their comments. I am also very happy to read that the surgery went well.

We make it our goal to offer our guests clean, comfortable accommodation with excellent guest service. It seem, in this case, that we came close to acheiving our goal. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am sure they will be happy to read that their hard work is noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Seymour, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Wonderful staff; one of the best BW's we've stayed at. Dogs allowed, fridge and microwave in rooms, free wifi, nice pool, beautiful landscaping, laundry facilities, exercise room. GREAT breakfast!!! Located about 5-10 min from historic district/downtown. We were in the back so it was pretty quiet.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We always value guest feedback, be it positive or negative, as it allows us to constantly improve our operations.

It is our goal to offer our guests clean, comfortable accommoodations with excellent guest service. It seems, in this case, that we came close to achieving our goal. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am sure they will be happy to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments as well as for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.