King Charles Inn
Indigo Inn(Charleston)
Planters Inn(Charleston)
Andrew Pinckney Inn(Charleston)
3,023 results
All reviewsgreat locationbrew pubhappy hourhistoric districtcheese and crackersmeeting streetsmall poolfront desk staffcookieswould definitely stay here againdowntown charlestonwalked everywhereboutique hotelcity marketthe entire staffwonderful hotelfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I took a short vacation to Charleston. We wanted to stay close to the historic area. The BEST WESTERN King Charles Inn was right in the middle of everything. This location is great. We walked everywhere. The rooms were clean and very pretty. They had great parking and it was free. I will stay in this hotel when I visit Charleston again. Great place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing the King Charles Inn! I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the Holy City and were able to take advantage of our free parking which is very rare in Charleston! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very convenient to the shopping, restaurants, market, waterfront. Large, clean rooms and a very helpful and friendly staff. New pub and lounge is being built and the sketches and pictures meant to inspire only amounted to teasing. Otherwise, a smart - if simple - choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sc0ttVA
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

It sounds like you really enjoyed your Spring Break! I am sorry the weather has not felt like spring, but I am sure you found enough to do to keep you busy! Thank you for selecting our hotel and I hope you can return soon to see BREW Pub and Cafe. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a wonderful time my son and I had in Charleston, SC! And it all began with the terrific welcome at the Best Western! The staff went out of their way to welcome us and help get us checked in. Our room (2 double beds) was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was helpful with recommendations for meals. The location was perfect, right in the historic area, in close walking distance to everything. Parking was included AND we were able to stay parked on check-out day until 4 pm which gave us another day not to worry about driving/parking.
Renovations continue and when completed, will make this hotel one of the best places to stay in Charleston!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Wow! What a nice review! Our complimentary parking is certainly the best perk of all and being able to leave your car parked until 4:00pm on check-out day only makes it better! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your valued business!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very good Best Western. Fully upgraded and the beds are super comfortable. You can't beat the location and the service was great. Only downside was because of the location you could hear tons of noise on the street.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the five star review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope you can return in the near future!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights at this hotel at the end of March. We had a Queen room.
It was a little small, but there was an in room safe and refrigerator. It was very clean and comfortable. We did not like walking through the parking lot at night to get to an elevator to bring us up to our room. There was renovation happening on the 2nd floor. We were unable to have breakfast or go to the lounge for a drink. I also don't know if there would have been an alternate way to get to our room because of the renovation. Everything was pretty much within walking distance and the front desk was very accommodating. Our original flight was Monday, the 25th, and Delta cancelled it because of a storm we never had! Very upsetting. They rebooked us the same time on Tuesday so we needed to change the hotel stay. We did this without a problem. Matt at the front desk was terrific. I would surely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for recognizing Matt! He does a super job at the Front Desk and I appreciate his helpfulness! Thank you also for taking the time to share your trip report with others! I do apologize for the renovation detour. We have recently opened our Upper Lobby and the Restaurant is not far behind! I hope you can visit in the future to see the finished product!
Have a great day!