“Love this place”

The Daily by Butcher & Bee
Ranked #20 of 49 Quick Bites in Charleston
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Description: The Daily by Butcher & Bee is a market selling cold pressed and squeezed to order juice, Stumptown coffee & espresso, growlers of beer, bottles of wine, breakfast sandwiches and pastries, artisan bread, and grab and go provisions.
Reviewed July 31, 2016

My wife and I love this place. It is a must stop if you are in the area if you want a great cup of coffee.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank gah132016

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were craving s good smoothie and we looked up this place which seemed to be up the the challenge. It's got a very unique, indie interior. The menu was all very pricey but we were already there so we swung for it. We both got the orange cream smoothie. I was very disappointed when my order was ready that it was in a cup no bigger than a child size at a fast food restaurant. When I tasted it, I was relieved that it was at least very good and tasty. The smoothie didn't have a very thick consistency, and you could taste every flavor in it, but I would not go again simply for the small size for the price you pay.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 14, 2016

Great spot-ordering process is slightly confusing, but food and coffee make up for it. Cool selection of market items.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

I'd been wanting to try The Daily for awhile, so I was excited to bring a friend who was visiting from out of town. As others have said, the counter you order at is off to the side & strange/out of place. We were greeted by two women, neither seemed all that happy to be there. My friend asked for a coffee suggestion and the girl struggled to come up with an answer. I asked about an ingredient in one of their drinks and was given a vague unsure answer. We ordered two iced coffees, soft scramble & avocado toast. We sat and waited at the bar area, where you can watch the food being prepared. My friends soft scramble came out first. After a few minutes one of the women who took our order came over to ask what I had. The avocado is pre made in big containers, so I'm not sure where the hold up was. She also stopped over again to ask what hot drinks we wanted- we reminded her they were iced. She then had to go flag down a guy who'd just been wandering around the kitchen area to make our drinks. Finally my toast came out as my friend finished hers. We watched as the same woman approached other tables to ask what they'd ordered. The food was good, coffees good, but very small. There just seemed to be a complete lack of organization between kitchen and front staff.

Date of visit: June 2016
Michael S, Owner at The Daily by Butcher & Bee, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Hi there,

Thanks for talking the time to write this and apologies for the poor service you received on your visit. It seems like you may have caught us on an off day when we were in the middle of training a new hire. This is obviously not how we want a shift to run - we want your morning experience to be efficient and enjoyable. We're working on internal communication and tasting the staff on everything so that they can make informed suggestions to guests.

We hope you'll come back and give us another try - feel free to drop us a note or let us know your thoughts if you do, shopthedaily@butcherandbee.com.

Thanks,

Michael

Reviewed May 18, 2016

We found this place after emailing Anson Mills to ask about any local spots in Charleston selling their goods. I emailed the place and had a great interaction with them about Anson Mills - they held several bags for us and kept them in their cooler (as they belong).

When we showed up, we were arriving after driving several hours en route to our Charleston hotel. We decided to try some iced coffee after paying for our goods. The iced coffee (milky cold brew) was truly delicious. The sorghum comes through just enough to make it feel like a spiced iced coffee. Great stuff.

The next day, on our way out of town, I was jubilant after realizing The Daily was basically on the way out of town and we could buy a jug of milky cold brew to have at our next destination on the road trip. I bought a jug of it (which went over VERY well with my family) and also couldn't resist trying the strange sounding tahini mocha. Another winner. Super good!

Love this place for coffee & goods. Hope to try the food some day...

Date of visit: May 2016