“Amazing food and great hospitality ”

The Daily by Butcher & Bee
Ranked #20 of 49 Quick Bites in Charleston
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Description: The Daily by Butcher & Bee is a market selling cold pressed and squeezed to order juice, Stumptown coffee & espresso, growlers of beer, bottles of wine, breakfast sandwiches and pastries, artisan bread, and grab and go provisions.
Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

Loved, loved, loved this spot! Probably one of our most memorable lunches during our visit. Very quaint and unique. The food was incredible! Make sure to get a fatty cake!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank brittanyelliscole

Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in the afternoon after the Citadel parade because it was convenient to our route out of town. We were not greeted, the ordering was confusing, the girl was not friendly, almost to the point of the Burger King stare- i.e. Waiting for the customer to speak first. When I pointed to a cookie looking thing she said it was a muffin top. I had to ask again to discover the flavor. It was somewhat tough and dry. Very forgettable. I had hot tea and my husband had an espresso which he said was short and watery. The best thing was the boule of bread that we brought home with us. The experience at the store was one that will not bring us back.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed March 1, 2016

Nice place. The americano was the best I've had in a long time. These guys can make coffee. They can also make some amazing pastries!

Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

This jumping little spot puts out quality breakfast eats and take away salads, cold press juices and kick butt Java. All breads are baked on premise, and yes this makes a difference. I have had a lot of "avocado toast" safe to say, the bread does changes everything. Open in the AM so plan accordingly.

Reviewed February 27, 2016

So I get what they're going for, but... when you walk in you order at this counter that is out in the middle of the place and causes some customer traffic issues when busy. They only had a few pastries when we got there and they were just sitting there uncovered on a plate by the register. The girl just grabbed them and put them in a paper bag despite the fact that we were ordering drinks as well to sit down and enjoy. We had to ask her to heat them up for us since they were room temperature.
Now, both the drinks we had were creative and tasty but the pastries were... well bland. They have a few grocery options for take out, but I doubt I'll go out of my way to try them again.