“Quirky flavors”

Ranked #1 of 37 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: King Street-Charleston's main artery of restaurants, bars, and boutiques-is home to our first scoop shop in South Carolina. Located in the heart of "Upper King" (the section of King Street north of Calhoun Street) in the Cannonborough neighborhood, our shop is in great company with many renowned restaurants, including The Ordinary seafood hall and oyster bar, Indaco (the fabulous rustic Italian spot), and The Macintosh (a recent James Beard Award nominee for best new restaurant and best chef). The pedestrian-friendly area is also home to many independently-owned bars, bakeries, and shops, and you'll find our shop right between two neighbors we know you'll also want to visit during your trip to this historic and progressive coastal city: Charleston Distillery and Stars Roof Top & Grill Room.
Adairsville
“Quirky flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very friendly staff that encourages you to try the different flavors by loading a small plastic spoon. They don't slow down after 3-4 samples, just as friendly to the end. The smallest serving is 2 scoops for $5. The scoops are generous and you can combine flavors. I had a lavender something and a sweet tea/cantaloupe. Both were very creamy and quite tasty. Don't know that I would come here all the time if I lived in town but it was an enjoyable treat.

• Visited August 2014

Illinois
“Worth Waiting For”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

A number of locals said that a stop by Jeni's was a "must" so we gave it a try. The customers were lined up out the door at 8:30 p.m. and the same number were still standing in line after we were served. They offer a wide assortment of specialty flavors, along with limited editions. In addition, each city with a Jeni's has a signature ice cream only available there. Our ice cream selections this evening included Brambleberry Crisp, Salty Carmel, Goat Cheese with Red Cherries, Sweet Cream Biscuits with Peach Jam, and a Riesling Poached Pear Sorbet. All frozen treats were rich, creamy, and flavorful. While the scoop size might be smaller than you are used to, you have ample opportunity to experiment and sample.

• Visited August 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“I loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I'm so glad that I tried this (was close to where I had lunch at HoM restaurant). I had a scoop of the butter almond and a scoop of the Rum molasses. The ice cream was so creamy and the flavors were amazing! It's definitely worth trying, but it's pricey. So it would probably only be a special treat for me if I lived in the area.

Visited August 2014
“Terrific ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The ice cream here is very special. Delicious flavors. I had salted caramel and dark chocolate. The milk chocolate was also very good. Service is quick. Line was 30 deep as we were leaving on a Friday night.

McLean VA
“One of the best in the country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

The flavors are the most creative this side of the renaissance. Combinations that you never knew existed tease your tongue playfully. It's all handmade and each ingredient is prepared perfectly to balance the flavors. I won't suggest flavors to try. It's like choosing which of my twelve children I like best. They are all yummy!!! Pray that you get there when there is no line.

Visited July 2014