“Love This Place!”

Children's Museum of the Lowcountry
Ranked #67 of 246 things to do in Charleston
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I joined as a grandparent so I can take my 2 granddaughters as often as possible. They love it! Gives them plenty to do, inspires their creativity! We'll be going back often!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My two kids would go everyday if you let them...They LOVE all the activites and the art. My three year old daughter's favorite part is the castle she love to dress up.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a cute little museum, but because of its limited size, it's not particularly entertaining for older children. The Ravenel Bridge exhibit with water is very cool and it's where my 8 and 10 year olds spent most of their time. Good news is it's affordable.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We visited in August and it was HOT outside, so we we're looking for things to do with our small children (2 and 4) that were inside. Our quest led us here! We had a fantastic time running around the attraction. The kids loved the castle play area, the water play area (you can race boats, and get wet!), and the market where the kids could shop, and check out by themselves. Very cool! We were in and out in about a hour... so the place is small and doesn't take long to get through. It would be fantastic if they could have staff in each room/area to explain things to the kids - but I can appreciate this would be costly for the attraction. They also had a outside area with a fire truck that we couldnt do as it was too hot. But - I see they are currently trying to raise $6500 to pay for sails to give some shade to this area. I think this is a fabulous idea and will help a great deal with folks being able to spend more time at this attraction. All in all - a great way to spend a hour or two with your kids!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place was amazing! We spent 2 1/2 hours there and left because they were closing, but we could have spent a lot longer there. My 6 year old, my 4 year old, and even my 18-month old loved it. There's a craft room, a castle room where kids can dress up and put on puppet shows and hide in the castle's secret places. There is a ball room, were kids roll balls in different tracks; science and fun come together. In the water room, you can sail boats and cars on a river, make a dam and then a flood, move the rain cloud and make it rain, then make the sun come out, and learn about evaporation and rain. There is a pretend grocery store complete with kids' carts and check out stands with computers. There is a pirate ship room, and a toddlers' play area.
Entrance is $7, but across the street in the visitor's center, you can find a coupon for BOGO free in one of the little pamphlets. HAVE FUN!

1  Thank Hope K