“Gorgeous and memorable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 21 East Battery Bed and Breakfast

and 1 more site!
You added 21 East Battery Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
21 East Battery Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   21 East Battery, Charleston, SC 29401 (Charlestowne)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 44 Charleston B&B and Inns
Auckland, New Zealand
“Gorgeous and memorable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I brought my girlfriend here for a surprise weekend, and it was a perfect place for her to become my fiance! We stayed in the carriage house, which was beautiful and really felt like a home. The decor is truly amazing and the location is unbeatable, right on the Battery. We loved the homemade treats left by the innkeeper and had a magical weekend. I would recommend this b&b to anyone and would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The carriage house is definitely worth it if you can snag it. Tons of space and a beautiful buildin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hoolan01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at 21 East Battery B and B for our honeymoon and it was so romantic! The quarters we stayed in were full of character and clean, and there was a fireplace in each room! The Inn Keeper was very friendly and made sure to have complimentary breakfast and goodies in the kitchenette area every day. We loved staying here and recommend it to all couples that want a romantic getaway in Charleston!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adrienne H
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We took my brother and sister in laws on their first visit to Charleston and stayed here. Everything was perfect starting with the check in and orientation with Julie. Her homemade treats and knowledge of the area sites are second to none. The location couldn't be better on the historic battery within walking distance to everything. I highly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kirkruns
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Kudos to the people at 21 East Battery for a wonderful stay! I couldn't imagine a more fantastic location - the heart of the Battery in the most amazing city. With the fresh-baked treats, a baby grand piano, wireless Internet, delicious quiches each morning, elegant decor and more space than I could ever need - this very well could be the best value in all of Charleston. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jkarennj
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my second stay in the Quarters and it won't be my last! This is truly a special place whose location can't be beat if you want to be in Charleston's historic district. The B&B is a unique place - beautiful, private, spacious and comfortable. I can't say enough positive things about Julie the innkeeper . She is caring and helpful as well as being a fabulous cook & baker! I've stayed elsewhere in Charleston but this is my absolute favorite.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lorri H
Innkeeper/MI, General Manager at 21 East Battery Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We love repeat guests, new guests, all guests! We certainly do have a star within Julie Lucas here at 21 East Battery. Pair that along with fantastic harbor views, off-street parking and an option for a cooked to order breakfast on the piazza (or a private one in your room) and you can simply state star power all the way around! Thank you guest for sharing your insights with potential guests and we look forward to hosting you at 21 East B&B again soon! Abigail M. Martin, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wonderful place to stay, Julie is so helpful, the location is right by the ocean in the historical district so we never needed a car. I will definitely stay there again. There are many restaurants nearby. Perfect jogging path along the ocean and close to the Battery.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank FunTripForGirls
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We recently stayed in the Carriage House for 5 nights, and it was like a dream come true. I have never felt more at home than I did here. The house is very spacious, comfortable and remarkable. Set back in from the street, it was very quiet and private. We loved having our own living space and off-street parking. The location is perfect, we were in walking distance of everything in downtown Charleston. Julie, the innkeeper, is fantastic. There are no words to describe her hospitality. She made our stay absolutely perfect. We loved her baked treats and delicious breakfasts - it was so nice to be able to eat breakfast when we felt like it! She kept our fridge stocked and always made sure we had everything we needed. I don't think I accurately describe how much I absolutely loved this place - it is worth every penny. I honestly can't see staying anywhere else on future trips to Charleston.

Room Tip: The Carriage House is wonderful, spacious and private
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple