“Funky, Tasty, Casual”
Review of Social Restaurant + Wine Bar - CLOSED

Social Restaurant + Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Pizza, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Cumberland & Queen
Description: Offering Charleston’s largest selection of wines by the glass, Social has become the preeminent wine bar of Charleston. Social is housed in a nineteenth century warehouse and features a stunning four-thousand bottle display cellar. Complementing its extensive wine selection, Social serves modern American cuisine.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Funky, Tasty, Casual”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We loved the atmosphere at Social. The wine bar is full of local art, and has a very fun, unique layout. The wine selection goes on and on, and the staff is very knowledgeable. We had a very tasty thin crust pizza and an enjoyable casual night out.

• Visited August 2013

“Love the fact that they were able to do a la carte pizza and it was fabulous!!!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely go back and the service was great. The wine flight was great and they had a good variety.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Meal & Atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Social was recommended to my husband and I during our trip in Charleston. Although, a little pricey, the food and service did not disappoint!

We shared the mussels as an appetizer and they were so very good! I ordered the swordfish and it was extremely flavorful and cooked just right. My husband ordered the sauteed Carolina shrimp, which was bursting with flavor! The sauce added a nice touch and really complemented the dish! A friend had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly! We will definitely return here!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Hot spot...literally. I was sweating.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I came here at the suggestion of a friend who lives in Charleston and I wasn't disappointed. We got there in time for happy hour which was a pretty good deal. We were seated upstairs near some very interesting local art. However it was very warm and I ended up sweating quite a bit. The downstairs seating was cooler. The food was tasty...and the service was great. I had pork two ways as my entree and it was good. I would definitely come back but might wear shorts instead of jeans.

• Visited July 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice place for apps”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We recently visited Social and were pleased. The decor is fanciful and fun. I had a flight (sample) of three red wines and my wife had a flight of whites. We also shared a couple of appetizers which were very good. The wines were very good and affordable, and the apps were very good as well. The service was pretty good. We will definitely visit again.