“Absolutely awesome!”

Ed Grimball's Walking Tour of Historic Charleston
Ranked #33 of 243 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Ed Grimball is a 12th generation Charlestonian whose family settled on Edisto Island in 1682 and has been here ever since. Ed opened his walking tour business in 1996 and would consider it a privilege to personally show you his city.Your tour will explore the cracks and crevices of old, beautiful Charleston, touching on many subjects such as the Civil War, the Great Earthquake, the Preservation Movement, and our magnificent architecture. Must sees on your tour include the Four Corners of Law, the Battery, and Rainbow Row.
Reviewed February 5, 2011

My wife and I went to Charleston for our 1 year wedding anniversary in late January and we took Ed's walking tour and I must say it was one of the best things we did all trip. We were blown away with Ed's pride and love for his city of Charleston; he's so proud to show and explain any and every little thing possible. We had only 2 other people in our group which made it very intimate and relaxed; I felt as if I were talking with my grandfather for a couple hours; Ed is filled with a wealth of knowledge and his friendliness just made it so enjoyable. We would recommend this to anyone who really wants to get to know the parts of Charleston you would never know existed unless someone like Ed showed you the way. Well done Ed, well done!

1  Thank oceanexpjs
"information"
in 30 reviews
"interests"

Reviewed January 26, 2011

My husband and I just returned from Charleston yesterday where we spent 5 days celebrating his 50th birthday. I signed up for this tour after reading all the wonderful reviews about Ed. I must tell you that Ed, as well as his tour, was/were terrific. He met the group on Saturday morning in 30 degree weather. He was entertaining, gracious, considerate, friendly, professional and funny. He kept us warm (detours into alleyways, a hotel coffee break, and the famous St. Michael's Church), and left us with a deeper knowledge of this historical city. The tour lasted approx 3 hours, and had it not been for the cold weather, we could have spent the entire day walking around town with him. He is a true Native, so his tid bits of information range over 50+ years. You will not be disappointed with this walking tour. It is very reasonably priced. Thanks, Ed! We really enjoyed ourselves!

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Ed was GREAT. Knows all the places in Charleston. Ask any question and he gives you an answer in a proffessional and humble manner.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

Ed Grimball's walking tour was the perfect mixture of Southern charm and historic information. Ed's website says to plan for a 1 1/2 to 2 hour tour, but Ed went over and above on our tour and it stretched to almost 4 hours! The time flew by with Ed's stories of historic Charleston and some of his own personal experience. Ed is incredibly enthusiastic, gracious, and extremely knowledgeable of his beloved Charleston. I would highly recommend this tour for a comprehensive overview of the historic part of Charleston. Bring your walking shoes and a camera!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Our family of four really enjoyed our November tour with Ed. He made the tour entertaining for the kids and educational for everyone. You get to enjoy the beautiful scenery in the city while learning about much of its history. We highly recommend this tour!