Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Charleston Carriage Works
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews great tour our tour guide beautiful horses highly recommend this company great sense of humor the barn blake route ride carriage history architecture information lottery companies insight homes
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Enjoyed this tour immensely just the right length of time. Daniel our guide was full of fun facts from the architecture to the full history of the city. And the carriage horse was very well mannered. I would recommend taking the tour early in the morning or late in the afternoon, We went at 10:30 and the temperature was getting into the upper 80's.

Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

A sales guy talked us into taking this company as opposed to Old South which is always my favorite to take newcomers on their first exposure to Charleston. Although his near-bullying sales style was a bit off putting, we let him convince us to try Charleston Carriage Works. I was very pleased with the experience! Bones, our tour guide was knowledgeable, fun, respectful of my 89 year old father and our 4 year old granddaughter :). A true son of the South. Lucas was our beautiful Belgian Draft horse. We learned a lot, laughed, and had a great time. Thanks to the pushy sales guy I have a new favorite carriage tour company.

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Great tour, tour guide and horse - Bones and Lucas! Good history knowledge and pleasant ride. Highly recommend this company.

Reviewed June 2, 2016

We started off our first full day in the city and decided to take a carriage ride. We were looking at all the different companies on Trip Advisor and had settled on one, not this one, and while walking down the street of people trying to sell tickets the gentleman from Charleston Carriage Works was the only one who seemed friendly and personable so we changed our plans and decided to book a ride with them.

The stables were close by and we got to hang out with our horse Don for a bit before the trip. Our tour guide, whose name may be Al??, was also around before the trip and introduced himself to everyone on the trip while we waited for our trip to start.

The trip route itself is determined by the city using a lottery ball machine, so you, the guide and the company have no say in where you go, but that doesn't mean you won't have a great trip. Our guide never missed a beat and was very knowledgeable of everything that he spoke about.

If you are in the area I would highly recommend this company for your carriage ride!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed May 31, 2016

Initially, I avoided the horse-drawn carriages as I thought they'd be too hokey, but a friend, who visited Charleston, highly recommended it. Since I respected her opinion, I booked us on a tour. The tour guide was great and filled us with lots of local and historical knowledge. It was a great way to see the sights and our horse, Dale, was adorable.

Date of experience: May 2016