“Great Chinese and Atmosphere”
Review of Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen - CLOSED

Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We tried Lee Lee's on our vacation one evening after reading some reviews. We at first had a hard time finding a parking spot, but the guy at the door lead us to a good place. We loved the food and atmosphere. It's a small, quaint little spot with tons of character and delicious food and top notch service. We tried the szechuan dumplings and salt and pepper chicken. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Lees Lees is a cute place. the menu is very typical chinese. Flavors and meals are also typical, nothing jumps out at you for intense and exciting dishes. If your in the mood for chinese it will do the job.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Just tried Lee Lee's for the first time. Can't speak for all items on the menu but I had the Salt & Pepper Chick and it was excellent. My co-worker also enjoyed her order very much as well. We both tried the scallion pancake and spring rolls. I admit I didn't care for the dipping sauce for the pancake (too oily) but the plum sauce was perfect. We will definitely order again, SOON!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We moved to Charleston from San Francisco and have loved the move - except the Asian food here is sorely lacking. Ziao Bao Biscuit somewhat scratched that itch - but Lee's Lee's Hot Kitchen has finally done the job!

The restaurant is smallish with a big community table in the middle. The kitchen is open so you are immediately hit with the aroma of good Chinese - the ginger and whatever else they use to create the Asian magic. They have traditional dishes with good quality and fresh ingredients and an innovative flair. There is a back room that I took a peek at that looked like a good spot for a party or a larger group.

I love the bathroom with it's Chinese newspaper wallpaper - very creative! The owner obviously takes pride in her establishment and from what I've read, has restaurants in other parts of the country (thank goodness she found Charleston!). It is in a smallish neighborhood that seems transitional - but there seemed to be a bouncer - maybe a valet? at the door and we went before dark so we felt safe. We took our 13 year old son who can't wait to go back and get his fill of good Chinese food.....I guess I'm not the only one that is missing the SF fare! Thank you Lee Lee - we will be back.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am not aware of another serious Chinese restaurant in Charleston. The location near the Citadel at least has reasonable street parking. At first glance the menu looks like most Chinese restaurants with many choices. Here the chef's specials are really special ! The slow braised pork belly with 5 spice was amazing with very little grease apparent and a rich sauce. Shrimp fried in a light batter presented with a creamy lemon sauce topped with walnuts was excellent. We tried some standards including lettuce wraps that blew PD Changs out of the water. This is a Chinese restaurant like I love in San Francisco out in the Clement district where the really good Chinese restaurants. Probably deserved a 5. I will try it for dinner.

1  Thank Carl J