“Delicious - a 10+”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cross street: State Street
Connecticut
“Delicious - a 10+”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

For our 10th anniversary we decided a long weekend in Charleston SC - it certainly did not disappoint. Staying at the Charleston Inn and not knowing where should go, what were must sees and must dos, we spent a lot of time with the concierge team. Their recommendations were wonderful. We went to Oak Steakhouse based on their recommendation - it was wonderful. From the moment we entered this structure built in the late 1800's until we left we were surrounded by southern hospitality. Our waiter Bryan was attentive, knowledgeable, polite, friendly and knew the menu and made suggestions based on our likes. We shared an appetizer of fresh heirloom tomatoes, buratta cheese with a basil pesto. So fresh and beautifully presented it could have been a meal. Steaks were cooked to perfection and cut like butter. Being, that I eat everything well done not all restaurants are able to do well done and not make it not like leather. My husband eats medium rare and it was perfect. We were to full for desert - so for our anniversary they gave us a piece of cake to take back to the hotel. We sat on the 3rd fl (they have an elevator if needed) in a little area with one table for two above the staircase. Also perfect. I read other reviews about Oak being pricey - just remember you get what you pay for... and Oak delivers- def on our list for next visit to Charleston.

KL
“Wonderful meal, lively atmosphere, excellent service”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Walking in downtown Charleston on a busy Sat night looking for somewhere to eat, we were all attracted by the aroma of good food from outside this restaurant. We were not disappointed either. Bit pricey but worth the cost. Superb steaks, fois gras, oysters on the half shell. A top notch meal and an establishment run by people who clearly strive toward excellence. Great night. Not your average place for a family. More for couples and, again, pricey but worth it. Enjoy!

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Best Steak I Ever Had, However Very Expensive!.”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I took my son and his fiance for his birthday. He booked the reservation Best steak I ever had bar none. However, the steaks are very pricey, so much you will experience shell shock when you see the menu. Seating was in a booth by the window, but tables were available. I was not prepared for this as I thought it would be along the lines of $25. per steak. Not so. Try double that for the cheapest steak on the menu. My party each split a plate and that was sufficient because it was plenty of food. They do not have BAKED POTATOES which I found hard to believe. I always enjoy a loaded baked potato with my steak. The waiter said if you request it and give them some time they could accomodate it. The steak was to die for as it just melted in your mouth. Came to the table very hot and boiling. Yum. Cooked to perfection. Service was top notch as expected. Bottles of wine on Sunday nights are 1/2 price so we ended up with a $70 bottle of Argentenian wine for $35. It was very tart however but I enjoyed it. All in all a terrific experience, but one which I can only afford every now and then. This is a great place for very special occassions. I would recommend going at night vs. the day as it would be much more romantic.

1 Thank Jimmy D
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Everything was top-notch”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The dry-aged rib eyes were spectacular, Oysters Rockefeller to die for, and the service and decor was everything you'd hope for from a prime steakhouse with local influence and flair. Will definitely return!

Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Always great”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Always visit when in town. Always friendly, always good. Servers are attentive to you. Dining is romantic and reminds you of what a charleston restaurant should be.