“A GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestowne
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We regularly visit the Charleston SC area and have eaten at many restaurants in the area. From the moment we arrived at Oak the service, atmosphere and food were exceptional. Each course was amazing and the presentation was equally as good. We would highly recommend Oak and would not hesitate to return when we visit again. A+

1  Thank rhood9999
There are newer reviews for Oak Steakhouse

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have had fried lobster before but not like this. The cut it in half and deep fry it and serve it with warm melted butter. There bone in Rib eye was good but I felt it was a might bit to salty for my taste. The atmosphere was much more comfortable here than at Halls Chop House, the crowds are smaller and not as loud. Much nicer for a cozy meal.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This place is special! I met some friends while visiting Charleston. My hotel suggested here. The restaurant is beautiful! We sat on the third floor (No worries there is an elevator with chairs, it is a long ride). Beside a beautiful fire we drank wine and ate a delicious meal.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Let me start by saying that I have always wanted to to to the Oak steakhouse, but not a place generally in my budget. I ended up going with a group of co-workers during restuarant week. It was truley the best $40 I ever spent on food. The resaurant week menu was 3 courses for the $40 charge. It included a wonderful salad to start. The main thing was their 8oz Filet. Wow, it was perfect. Cooked to exact order. I enjoyed every morsel. Everything was wonderful. The service was excellent. The server was there when we wanted something but did not hover. Oh, one more thing, the rolls that the resaurant gets fro Normandy Farms bakery were incredible. Very unusual, light, with a hint of cardomom, topped with coarse sea salt. What a wonderful additon to a great meal. I will be going back there again!.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place came recommended as one of best 20 steak restaurants in US in recent publication....We were not disappointed.

1  Thank Mary F