“Best date of my life!”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestowne
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While in town for a food show we hopped in a cab down town and asked the driver to take us somewhere nice with a great steak. She dropped us here where we had the BEST service, BEST food, BEST date ever. There are so many trendy spots in Charleston to visit, making it hard to chose where to go. This place had it all. First floor is a laid back bar atmosphere. After a cocktail we were seated upstairs in the dining room where we were able to look down at the bar area, but were seated with perfect privacy. I wish I remembered our servers name. He was out standing! My visit here was several years ago but was unforgettable. We each had fillets that were perfectly cooked, and we couldn't decide on what toppings/sauces/preparation we wanted, so he brought us a plate with ALL OF THEM! yum! If you want a great date night and are willing to spend a money for it check out Oak!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We recently went here with some business associates who live in the area. It is one of their favorite places. The service is wonderful, the ambiance is lovely and they have valet parking. Our food was very good but nothing really special. Sides are served family style so make sure that more than one person will like what is ordered. It was good, but not someplace I would go back to.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I live in Charleston and do my best to try as many restaurants here as possible. Oak still tops the list 8 years after moving here. Wonderful food, service, atmosphere, valet parking....everything! Wonderful steak, sides, cocktails, crabcakes, and carrot cake! We do a large group birthday celebration each February and all 18 people leave very happy.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great food, great service, great ambience, this is a must if in Charlestown. Can't think of anything wrong with this steakhouse. Excellent all around.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Reading the menu I was very excited because the flavor combinations sounded wonderful. The ambience was exceptional and it really made it feel like the perfect place for an anniversary or birthday dinner. We had very attentive waiters and I think they did an excellent job which makes a huge difference in your meal. I think our actual waitor was Scott who had a short, neatly trimmed beard. He was wonderful to accommodate during restaurant week our sensitivity to caffeine which kept us from eating the S'Mores dessert. It says in big letters, No Substitutions, but we would have had nothing if he hadn't brought us desserts with no caffeine, especially since it was 9:30 PM! My husband's filet was exceptional along with the sauce. I was hesitant to mention it, but I just noticed another review that said the pork shank has no flavor. The accompaniments did, but the pork, while tender as could be, had no flavor. I loved the sides though and their bread was the best I had had in the city. I wish I knew where they got their bread because I could have made a meal of it! It was a wonderful evening, however, and we loved seeing all the folks all dressed up like they were going to a REAL restaurant instead of a fast food experience. I think their dress showed the respect they had for the Oak Steakhouse. My husband had on a sportcoat and while there were a few blue jean clad folks on our third floor, most folks were dressed for the occasion. The decorations are sophisticated and attractive and the diners are part of that.

1  Thank GAtravelerNewnan_GA