“Great Service Great Food”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestowne
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had been traveling all day and arrived to our nearby B&B rather late. The place our hostess recommended had closed early as they were having a slow night so they recommended Oak House. It was too late for a heavy meal so we only wanted salads. Even though we didn't order full entree's our servers were fully on it! We were even treated to a couple of bruschetta by the chef, they were perfectly toasted, not so hard they fell apart when you bit into it like too many places do it. We ordered the cheese appetizer which was absolutely yummy! It was just the right amount to supplement our salads without being heavy. I had the heirloom tomato salad and it was superb, it was like a sliced Caprese atop arugula; delish and just the right amount. Hubby had the sirloin salad and he loved it; it was enough to satisfy a big man's appetite yet light enough to eat after 10 pm. Did I mention how wonderful the service was? All servers were very attentive our waters never got lower than halfway and the wine suggestion was spot on.

1  Thank Patti-P-C

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was a second visit to the Oak Steakhouse and it did not disappoint. The Filet was hands down one of the best I've ever had, you barely needed a knife to cut it! Great ambience, very romantic at night with the candles on the 3rd floor. Bacon and mac n' cheese was fantastic, and although the creamed spinach wasn't what we expected, it was delicious as well. Must try the goat cheese cheesecake if it's on the menu!

1  Thank risalee77
Reviewed July 24, 2013

From top to bottom, our experience at Oak was excellent and memorable. The steaks were very, very good, the sides of mushrooms and truffled parmesan fries were delightful, and dessert was creative and tasty. The wine selection was extensive and included some of our favorites from France and Italy. The service was excellent, knowledgeable, and friendly. We enjoyed chatting with the waiter after the meal was over.

The only thing I don't recommend is the mango mojito. I think there are better choices on the cocktail menu. I think sitting on the middle level of three is a pretty good place to dine. The first floor can be loud with the bar and the top floor can be a little stuffy feeling. The middle was just right.

1  Thank KelekeWahine
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Food was good when they got the order right. Our waiter was attentive but the kitchen botched 2 items - clams casino appetizer was cold and under cooked. Spouse's steak had to be sent back - asked for medium rare came out very rare. They made an adjustment to the bill for the problems but that is not what I look for.....I look for a good meal especially from a higher end place.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The service was amazing! Appetizers were great as were the salads. Living in the NE I have been to many high end steak houses. The prices here are on par with those restaurants, but the steak was not. I ordered the dry-aged NY strip and the seasoning was good, but I ordered my steak medium and it was closer to medium well or well. This should just not happen in a steakhouse of this quality. All in all we enjoyed ourselves though.