“The temple of red meat... vegetarians stay away!!! The bone-in 36 oz ribeye is sublime...if you're feeling weaker get...”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestowne
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed January 21, 2008

The temple of red meat... vegetarians stay away!!! The bone-in 36 oz ribeye is sublime...if you're feeling weaker get the filet oscar style with bernaise and lobster meat on top...truly decadent!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed December 30, 2007

ok

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 25, 2007

This place is excellent! My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there last evening. It was undoubtedly the best steak we have EVER eaten. The filet melted in our mouths. The service was impeccable! Great ambiance. It was a special way to spend our anniversary.

Reviewed September 21, 2007

My family and I just returned from the Charleston, SC and did have dinner at the “highly” reviewed Oak Steakhouse. First and foremost, the highlight of the meal had to be chief Brett McKee and his ability to channel all of his “self-absorbed” talents into photo shoots, his BMW getting the front row parking spot, the loud cowboy boots (that on a side note - resembled my wife’s), and of course his insecurity complex. My wife and I both ordered the 7oz fillet’s that when served seemed to be no more than 4 oz. The lobster tail that I added (for a mere $18) had been served spongy and also shy of the ordered 4 oz. On the positive side, my wife’s crab cake was perfect as ordered and consumed. Our family meal totaled $198.00 including only “ONE” glass of wine and three sodas’ or pops…soft drinks. This meal was not worth half of that total. Additionally, the water servers were great. They kept my family’s glasses full and continually asked, “if we needed anything?”
Finally, I am glad to have witnessed this chief and his team in action…more so the arrival of Mr. McKee…that was the most memorable event from the family trip to Charleston. And one side note – if you do disregard this review and question that one man could be so self-absorbed; take a quick trip up the stairway and check-out the 12 or so paintings of…HIMSELF (too funny). For now I will take this review and the results of our Oak Steakhouse experience and share it with my working network and golfing network. Recommendation: The Palm, Hyde Park, Daisy Mae’s, Morton’s, Ruth’s Chris are all much much more deserving of your dollar than the Oak Steakhouse.

1  Thank FM-Engr