“Amazing Lessons”

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Lessons”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Don't bother looking anywhere else if you're interested in learning to surf. Kyle and Maxie are amazing instructors whom help take your skills to the next level. They really take their time getting to know you, understanding your comfort level, and helping you progress quickly. Surfing's fun no matter where you go, but I can honestly say Kyle and Maxie go beyond pushing you up on the wave and provide a level of coaching and technicality that's unmatched. We liked them so much, we went to them 3 days in a row. I highly recommend them and promise you won't be disappointed!

Visited June 2014
kylebusey, Owner at Carolina Salt Surf Lessons, responded to this review, February 24, 2016
Thank you so much kristen!!!! We pride ourselves on not only working within one's comfort zone but to reach the students full potential by not holding them back but to teach them as an individual as opposed to a general curriculum. Whether your wanting to just surf and have a good time or your wanting to reach your maximum potential we try to help. Glad we could help and really hope to have the pleasure of surfing with you again soon!!!!

Burlington, Colorado
“A cut above!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

They are an outstanding couple to take lessons with. They are on the far north end of Folly Beach so the lessons are truly "private". My boys, 16 and 13 had such a great time. Both boys were up on there first waves. For being boys that have never been to the ocean, much less never surfed, they felt so accomplished in 1 1/2 hours. I watched some of the other surf lesson companies closer to the main swim area and I don't think they began to compare. They are so encouraging and you never feel like they are watching the clock. I encourage you to visit their Facebook page to get a feel of how important you become to them. They Are under Carolina Salt Surf Lessons. Outstanding, Outstanding, Outstanding!

Visited June 2014
Wow Kirsten. thank you so much for your kind words. I tend to forget how lucky we are until i read these reviews and realize how much we make a difference in our customers lives. Like you mentioned we are a little off the beaten path but thats only because we believe its more professional and safe. I tend to refer us to the "Lost Dog Cafe" (folly beach's best restaurant), " yes we may be off the main strip, but once you have been to us, you wont go anywhere else again!:)" With the main swim area comes more people, more surfers, thus more danger. Other companies do this for a simple reason....exposure to unknowing beach visitors in hopes of taking their money and running. We know this as locals and choose the other approach. yes less walk ups but at the end of the day we have satisfied, safe customers that we know had a great time. We are so happy you chose us along with having a great time. Hope to see yall again soon!!!!
Okatie
“WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful surfers, wonderful teachers, and wonderful people. My family has surfed with Carolina Salt for almost a year. We were all up on our first waves and have been going down the line since. Kyle and Maxine are the kind of people I want my kids around. They are genuine, kind, and patient people.

Visited May 2014
John!!!! Words cant describe how much you and family have meant to us these past few years. We view you more as family than customers. It has been a true pleasure knowing and watching your family grow. Whether its Will (Texas Pete) playing football, or Anna (banana) going off to college or even just me and you talking about football, surfing, etc... When your family comes to town we always mark it on the calendar and make it a priority to see yall. We are so lucky to have met yall and have yall in our lives. Tell the family we said hi and we know we will be seeing yall again real soon!!!!
Folly Beach, South Carolina
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Kyle and Maxie did an amazing job with my 3 Grand(6,10and10) teaching them to Surf!!! Up in minutes!!! Now they want to move to S.C. and buy a Surf Board!!! I can not say enough positive things about them as teachers!!! Thank you Kyle and Maxie!

Visited May 2014
Hey Karen! Im so glad your grand babies had just a good time. Its amazing how well kids tend to pick up on the information. They are like little ninjas! I think moving to S.C is a great idea!!!! You know we will have your boards and lessons ready. Thank you for the kind words and hope yall decide to come back:)
“Awesome teachers!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had and awesome experience with Kyle and Maxie at Folly Beach. Kyle is a professional, not only at surfing, but teaching as well. If you come to South Carolina and want to try surfing. This is the place to go to!

Visited May 2014
Thank you bill for the great review! I like to consider myself a better teacher than surfer but thats for my students to decide. At the end of the day people like you is the reason i absolutely love what i do. Im glad we could help and please call us if you ever want to give it another go.