We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
15 Church Street Bed & Breakfast - Phillips-Yates-Snowden House
Ranked #6 of 40 Charleston B&B and Inns
Palm Beach Gardens,Florida
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed December 7, 2007

My friend wanted to visit Charleston and I offered to go with her. What a great decision on my part! We really wanted to stay at a Bed and Breakfast. It was not as easy as I had anticipated as we needed to find something affordable with 2 beds. We found the perfect place at 15 Church Street. It was located in a fantastic neighborhood close to the Battery. But the best part was the owners! They made you feel like family members. They made dinner reservations for us and lots of great suggestions! We had a wonderful time and we hope we can return to Charleston soon!
Nancy A.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank NLA5015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Brinklow, MD
Reviewed October 19, 2007

My sisters & I were looking for a moderately priced bed and breakfast in Charleston that could accommodate all 3 of us in one room. Anyone who has ever stayed in Charleston knows that it is a challenge to find nice accommodations in the historic district at a reasonable price. Phillips-Yates-Snowden House, centrally located near the Battery, met our requirements and so much more. The historic home is beautiful, and our room was spacious and comfortable. But the nicest thing about this B&B is the owners, Annelise & Jack Simmons. The Phillips Yates Snowden House is their home, and it has been in the family for over 60 years. Their guests are treated like friends who have been invited to stay for a while in their home. Even the family dogs - Madeline, Snickers and Pappy - are friendly and welcoming. This is not a place for someone who is seeking luxury and four star white-glove service. But for someone who wants a friendly, comfortable, convenient place to stay at a very reasonable price, this is the ticket.

• Liked — Friendly owners
  • Disliked — Room not serviced daily
  • Stayed October 2007
Lexington, KY
Reviewed August 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for our beach wedding. The Simmons were gracious hosts. We stayed in The Carriage House. It was very private and romantic. The food was simply divine!!! The morning of our wedding we were served heart shaped pancakes. A perfect start to our perfect day. We will certainly go back here!!!!!

• Liked — Everything :)
  • Disliked — Leaving :(
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank lex_vegas
Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed August 21, 2007

My husband secretly planned a trip for the 2 of us for our 15 year wedding anniversary in June. He chose 15 Church Street B&B, Jack and Annelise's home. We couldn't have been more pleased! We were welcomed so warmly, and they even had champagne for us for our anniversary that evening! Jack made dinner reservations for us each night, more complementary champagne at the restaurants, and the best food ever! One morning we accompanied Annelise to find her favorite spot to purchase the sweetgrass baskets!

The house is in a perfect location, everything you need is provided for, within walking distance to all the historic sites, shopping, and Charleston Harbor.

The breakfasts were marvelous, you can choose what you want each morning from a menu the night before. This was our first taste of true Southern Hospitality and we loved it! We truly felt like very special guests in their home!

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank momdad2boys
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed April 25, 2007

My husband and I visited Charleston for the first time. We wanted to stay in a B&B so we could get a up close and personal feel for the city. Jack and Annelise Simmons made us feel right at home. They opened up their house to us, inviting us to join them on the porch for conversations. They recommended restaurants for dinner, their favorites, which we dined at. Wonderful choices. We walked all over the city. Their home is very conveniently located in the historical district. We had a wonderful time in Charleston. Pat and Jack

• Liked — Great hosts
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank redhatladyGermantown
Atlanta
Reviewed February 18, 2007

My wife and I went to Charleston for my 30th birthday and stayed here and loved it. I was near the Battery and all the places you really want to go in Charleston. On top of that the hosts were amazing and helped us in finding some of the best places to go to eat and see. I would recommend this place to anyone visting Charleston and if I ever get back this is where I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cjm0215
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2007

Jack and Annalise were the most hospitable, friendly people. Their home was gorgeous, and impecably clean. Every night we were invited for cocktail hour and of course, we partook! My husband and I learned so much about Charleston from Jack and Annalise, and from their historic home in itself.

Not only will we go back to Charleston soon to visit the city, which we loved, but to visit 15 Church Street. You couldn't ask for a better location, right in the heart of historic Charleston, and nicer, more knowledgable house guests. We'll be back for sure, but will make sure to book in advance, because I'm sure we're not the only ones who had such a great time!

Zak and Sara

p.s. make sure to take up Jack and Annalises' dinner recommendations, they really know the city, and recommended some great 'local' restraunts that we loved!

• Liked — The hosts of the Bed and Breakfast, Jack and Annalise
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing was wrong, except we didn't stay longer!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple