“Fantastic, no frills BBQ”
Review of Nick's Bar-B-Q - CLOSED

Nick's Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I thought I'd had good BBQ until I tried the pulled pork at Jim N' Nicks! Hands down the best I've had. The plate comes with some delicious cheese biscuits and two sides - I chose collards and potato salad (both terrific). They have a full bar if you would like a cocktail and several domestic and local beers either by the bottle or on tap. Prices are very reasonable - my tab for a pulled pork plate and a 16 oz. domestic beer was $17.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Jim n nicks was located right next to where we stayed downtown. The service was great and the way your order your food is really hassle free.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Here located up from all the happenings on King Street. There were other eateries around but Jim n nicks is not to be missed. The pulled pork and ribs were very good. all was was excellent. This is a fairly large place so seats are avaialble. (it is not percieved to be large from the outside door/street view)
We had 4 people to eat at Jims and it was reasonable considering the method is stand in line order from the board get drinks and be seated and wait for your number to be called.
Service for drinks then is onfgoing. I'd say well organized. We got more than what we needed and the portions are decent! Sauce is Super !

fyi two of us shared the 2 pounds ribs and we couldn't finish it, these are not the small babyback riblets we ordered, so ask about the portion size, amt of bones...it was not easy to order at the time you are standing at the register. (Kind of look around to see what others have or what is being taken out to the floor to get an Idea of portion size.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Smoked wings, dry - no sauce. You've never had them and you can't find them anywhere else but here. (Or the other 25 locations around the South.) The sauces are great, but the true flavor of the wings is masked by them. The brisket and pulled pork are some of the best I have had in 40+ years. Cheese biscuits were like little bundles of hot, steaming love. LOL.

Honestly, for a chain, they can't be beat. I've had better service but the food by far makes up for it.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was expecting to have a typical bar-b-que dinner like many others I have had before - this was NOT typical. The Bar-b-que here stands head and shoulders above any other I have had. I will definitely be returning to Nick's when I visit Charleston again.