“Appetizers and Beverage”
Review of Henry's

Henry's
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Ordered crab cakes and fish and chips with a couple of beverages. Great service with a smile. Nice place to drop in.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We didn't try the food, but the staff was super fun and friendly. Good crowd upstairs on the dance floor, great band downstairs. Definitely recommend as a fun spot to have a few drinks...

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Place looks dirty so avoided the food. Wanted to go to the rooftop and were told that we could but would have to get our own drinks & bring them upstairs ourselves. HUH?? Call someone in like all other places do! View sucks imho. AVOID!

2  Thank Elwayfanatic
Reviewed January 4, 2014

An excellent vantage point overlooking Charleston. It was quiet and we got comfortable seats without a problem, the service was slow as it all had to come on foot up two flights of stairs. The Carolina Cannon Balls and fried green tomatoes were very good.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I'm British and was visiting Charleston with my girlfriend who is from North Carolina.

We'd visited Henry's at lunchtime and food/service was okay, but nothing special.

We returned in the evening to try the roof bar. Paid a cover charge at the door and were directed to the roof. When we got there there was another doorman coving the roof deck, he asked to see my shirt (I was wearing a jacket). He then said it wasn't to his liking but (his exact words) "cash helps".

I've been asked for bribes in Africa and India, but don't recall such a blatant ask like this in the US, I was a little stunned. My girlfriend seemed embarrassed that this kind of thing happens in the US.

We went downstairs to have a pint and it was disappointing. Most bars I've visited in the US have been fun friendly places. This seems cold and unfriendly with quite a few posers.

Its even more sad because really Henrys is just an average bar in what is really a bit of a backwater (hardly one of the world's great metropolises) so seemed ultra pretentious to try to make it seem like some kind of exclusive nightspot. We left soon after... there are some great bars in Charleston - this isn't one of them - avoid.

3  Thank James L