“Hotel very clean & nice. Very convienet to downtown ...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston
Ranked #55 of 61 Hotels in Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Charleston
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I believe that this hotel is way over priced, it is apparent that the money charged for the room is not being used to update the rooms. The first thing we see when we go to un lock our door is a huge roach on the door knob which I proceeded to kill, matter of fact this dead roach was still on the floor the next day at 11 a.m. The carpet in the room was outdated, the mattresses had stains on them, the lighting was dull, the TVs and counters were dusty, the TVs were not secure on their stands, the kitchen appliances were out-dated and grungy looking. Overall it was just a poor experience and for $130 for a night I don't expect a suite but I expect a somewhat comfortable room and this was not. Do not think we will be busting any Wyndham hotels anytime in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

2 Thank Valerie S
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I recently spent almost a month at this hotel. With the exception of one employee at the front desk, the rest of the staff were clueless about providing service to their guests. my room was often not cleaned by housekeeping, noisy high school sports team members running up and down the hallways on more than one occasion late at night with hotel staff usually unable to get the situation under control and worse of all they checked me out of their computers 2 times while I was in the same room the entire time. Two days before my departure, I asked one of the front desk staff to make sure that they credited my credit card for the two charges they had put on my bill and that they would have a complete bill for my entire stay ready at the time of departure as I was going to pay with a different credit card than the one I provided at the time of check in. On the day of departure, not only this request was not met, i was told by the desk clerk and the General Manager (whom, I never met during my almost one month of stay) that they could not provide me with one complete bill as they had checked me out on two prior occasions.

The General Manager was as aloof as their employees about meeting a guest's need, and frankly it did not surprise me that the employees had a non service oriented attitude once I interacted with the GM. By the way, there was never any management present at the hotel in the evenings and on weekends and the staff were not trained to handle non routine matters.

This hotel's ownership and Management Company need to get involved and fix this non caring attitudes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Memphistraveler2014

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel is terrible!! Rooms were infested with flying ants! Hotel room was not cleaned the way its supposed to be! The staff was very rude and slow.. The represetative messed up our reservations and when we asked for refunds they said they could not give us one! They had an I dont care attitude and were very unprofessional! We will definitely not be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014